Rising Pune Supergiant (RPS): Rahul Tripathi, Ajinkya Rahane, Steven Smith (Captain), Manoj Tiwary, MS Dhoni (Wicket Keeper), Daniel Christian, Rajat Bhatia, Washington Sundar, Jaydev Unadkat, Shardul Thakur and Adam Zampa.
However, 58 from Manoj Tiwary, Ajinkya Rahane's 56 and unbeaten 40 from MS Dhoni gave the Pune attack a total to defend.
The other option would be to play a batsman in Usman Khawaja, but that would be fraught with risk, since the Australian hasn't played a single game in IPL 2017, and experienced or not, bringing someone in from the cold like that could really backfire, particularly in the Wankhede cauldron. Kings XI Punjab's last match is on Sunday against Rising Pune Supergiant. Lasith Malinga ironically bowled only three overs for just 14 runs for the wicket of Smith (1). "The bowlers did a terrific job", said Smith.
Sundar then dealt decisive blow to remove risky Kieron Pollard (7) caught by Steve Smith who had smartly positioned himself at short mid-wicket in similar fashion as Rayudu's wicket.
Pune, who have come back very strongly in the tourney, will need to get their combinations right.
Mort de Victor Lanoux : "un homme sensible aux aventures humaines"
La carrière cinématographique de Victor Lanoux s'arrête en 2001, avec une apparition dans Reines d'un jour, de Marion Vernoux. Il incarne aussi le père impulsif et colérique d'Agnès Soral dans " Un moment d'égarement " de Claude Berri .
It was Pune's third win a row against Pune this season as they reached the final of Indian Premier League.This is Pune's second and last season and it would be a great news for their fans if they can end their journey by winning the coveted trophy. Proud of the boys to have stepped up today. "He didn't take the responsibility as a captain and didn't perform for Kings XI Punjab", the former India opener said at the post match press conference.
Supergiant scored 162-4 then offspinner Washington Sundar triple strike undermined Mumbai's top order and restricted it to 142-9 on a slow Wankhede Stadium pitch. Big stage, quarterfinal of an IPL and to get whatever he got off his four overs is magnificent.
Rising Pune Supergiant (RPS) have 3-1 win-loss record against Mumbai Indians (MI).
Losing skipper Rohit was naturally disappointed saying after the match: "I think 160 was below par to be honest, having seen the scores chased here".
"Keeping it simple works for me". Mahi bhai has been supportive. While he didn't boast the same range of shots like his partners, he played to his strengths, playing with a straight bat and taking the occasional risk to go over the top. Ambati Rayudu, who struck 63 in the final league game, retained his place ahead of Nitish Rana.
- France/ Législatives: En Marche! dévoile l'identité des candidats investis
- GOP Senators Won't 'Let The American People Down' On O'Care Repeal
- Japan Aso says gradually seeing the course of US policies
- Russian FM mocks US media over intelligence-sharing reports
- Cornyn removes self from consideration for Federal Bureau of Investigation director role
- Ctrip.Com International Ltd (CTRP) Downgraded to Sell at ValuEngine
- Israël fait profil bas face au scandale des informations classifiées de Trump
- Speculation: The LA Clippers should consider Kyle Lowry if Chris Paul leaves
- Swedish Prosecutor Drops Rape Investigation of WikiLeaks Founder Assange
- Trump again blows up a careful White House statement with a tweet