Under the deal, Facebook would broadcast games on Friday nights that would be available for every USA user on Facebook via the social network's Major League Baseball page, according to Variety.
Then you could post relentless photos of your cat napping in the windowsill.
The live streaming program kicks off tonight, Friday May 19, at 7:10 p.m. with the Cincinnati Reds home game against the Colorado Rockies, with the schedule for future weekly streams to be announced; no blackouts will apply to these games. The price Facebook paid for the right to stream the games hasn't been released.
That's 9 straight wins, and the longest winning streak of 2017.
Facebook and the Major League Baseball announced today a new live streaming partnership that will bring 20 live, regular season games to the social network. Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred said Thursday at the owners meetings that the games will be done without blackouts.
Twitter also partnered with the National Basketball Association to stream 360-degree videos of the National Basketball Association finals games previous year.
Saudi signals first cut in crude supplies to Asian customer-refinery source
For 2018, oil demand is expected to increase by 300,000 bbl/d, down from forecast demand growth of 340,000 bbl/d previously. The decline in US crude oil inventories is likely due to the increase in gross inputs to refineries in April.
The partnership, announced Thursday, reinforces Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg's plans to establish the network as a destination not only for sharing news feeds but for watching live video.
One show Facebook has greenlit is a virtual-reality dating show from Conde Nast Entertainment in which people go on first dates in VR before they meet in real life, according to one person who asked not to be named because the discussions are private.
"It's really important to us in terms of experimenting with a new partner in this area", Manfred said.
The Facebook deal with MLB is the latest between social media networks and pro sports leagues.
Dan Reed, Facebook's head of global sports partnerships, said the move will allow baseball fans to engage in newer ways.
- The New York Yankees Retire Derek Jeter's #2 Jersey
- Politique La liste des ministres du premier gouvernement d'Edouard Philippe
- L'ONU dénonce une attaque meurtrière dans le sud — Libye
- Trump said firing Comey relieved 'great pressure'
- Twenty-First Century Fox's (FOXA) Buy Rating Reiterated at Jefferies Group LLC
- Amber Alert issued for 1-year-old boy abducted by father
- Google Assistant comes to the iPhone, ousting Siri
- United Bancorp (UBCP) Given Daily News Sentiment Rating of
- Valls pas investi mais épargné
- Robert Mueller ideal choice for special counsel