Under the deal, Facebook would broadcast games on Friday nights that would be available for every USA user on Facebook via the social network's Major League Baseball page, according to Variety.
Then you could post relentless photos of your cat napping in the windowsill.
The live streaming program kicks off tonight, Friday May 19, at 7:10 p.m. with the Cincinnati Reds home game against the Colorado Rockies, with the schedule for future weekly streams to be announced; no blackouts will apply to these games. The price Facebook paid for the right to stream the games hasn't been released.
That's 9 straight wins, and the longest winning streak of 2017.
Facebook and the Major League Baseball announced today a new live streaming partnership that will bring 20 live, regular season games to the social network. Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred said Thursday at the owners meetings that the games will be done without blackouts.
Twitter also partnered with the National Basketball Association to stream 360-degree videos of the National Basketball Association finals games previous year.
United Bancorp (UBCP) Given Daily News Sentiment Rating of
Newport Asia Llc decreased Baidu Inc (BIDU) stake by 0.41% reported in 2016Q4 SEC filing. 37,100 were accumulated by Cornerstone. Brandywine Glob Invest Management Llc holds 0.11% in Investors Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) for 312,717 shares. (NASDAQ:ISBC).
The partnership, announced Thursday, reinforces Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg's plans to establish the network as a destination not only for sharing news feeds but for watching live video.
One show Facebook has greenlit is a virtual-reality dating show from Conde Nast Entertainment in which people go on first dates in VR before they meet in real life, according to one person who asked not to be named because the discussions are private.
"It's really important to us in terms of experimenting with a new partner in this area", Manfred said.
The Facebook deal with MLB is the latest between social media networks and pro sports leagues.
Dan Reed, Facebook's head of global sports partnerships, said the move will allow baseball fans to engage in newer ways.
- Microsoft issues WannaCry security patch for XP, blasts U.S. for 'stockpiling vulnerabilities'
- Oil price rises as Russian Federation and Saudi Arabia back supply cut
- The New York Yankees Retire Derek Jeter's #2 Jersey
- Saudi signals first cut in crude supplies to Asian customer-refinery source
- Google prepping Android Pay expansion, support for sending money to friends
- Celtics follow euphoria of winning lottery with dud against Cleveland Cavaliers
- Amber Alert issued for 1-year-old boy abducted by father
- Lindsey Graham: Russia probe 'now a criminal investigation'
- Politique La liste des ministres du premier gouvernement d'Edouard Philippe
- Trump défend son "droit" de partager des informations avec la Russie