Under the deal, Facebook would broadcast games on Friday nights that would be available for every USA user on Facebook via the social network's Major League Baseball page, according to Variety.
Then you could post relentless photos of your cat napping in the windowsill.
The live streaming program kicks off tonight, Friday May 19, at 7:10 p.m. with the Cincinnati Reds home game against the Colorado Rockies, with the schedule for future weekly streams to be announced; no blackouts will apply to these games. The price Facebook paid for the right to stream the games hasn't been released.
That's 9 straight wins, and the longest winning streak of 2017.
Facebook and the Major League Baseball announced today a new live streaming partnership that will bring 20 live, regular season games to the social network. Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred said Thursday at the owners meetings that the games will be done without blackouts.
Twitter also partnered with the National Basketball Association to stream 360-degree videos of the National Basketball Association finals games previous year.
Lindsey Graham: Russia probe 'now a criminal investigation'
Rosenstein has done the right thing", Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of NY said on the Senate floor. Burr, chairman of the Senate panel, said of Flynn and his refusal to comply, "We'll figure out on Gen.
The partnership, announced Thursday, reinforces Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg's plans to establish the network as a destination not only for sharing news feeds but for watching live video.
One show Facebook has greenlit is a virtual-reality dating show from Conde Nast Entertainment in which people go on first dates in VR before they meet in real life, according to one person who asked not to be named because the discussions are private.
"It's really important to us in terms of experimenting with a new partner in this area", Manfred said.
The Facebook deal with MLB is the latest between social media networks and pro sports leagues.
Dan Reed, Facebook's head of global sports partnerships, said the move will allow baseball fans to engage in newer ways.
- Passation de pouvoir : les Normands invités par Emmanuel Macron
- Trump tells Russians about firing Comey
- Trump's lawyers are looking up how impeachment works
- Google Assistant comes to the iPhone, ousting Siri
- Robert Mueller ideal choice for special counsel
- Valls pas investi mais épargné
- Google Assistant Lands on iOS- Here Are The Details
- The New York Yankees Retire Derek Jeter's #2 Jersey
- Saudi signals first cut in crude supplies to Asian customer-refinery source
- Microsoft issues WannaCry security patch for XP, blasts U.S. for 'stockpiling vulnerabilities'