With four new shows ordered - two of which will premiere this fall - and only ten hours of programming on each week, we knew there would be some big switches coming, but we couldn't necessarily have predicted these.
"The CW has transformed over the past few years, from a linear network into a true multi-platform success".
SUPERGIRL returns for its third season on Mondays (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT) followed by the new military drama VALOR, starring Christina Ochoa and Matt Barr (9:00-10:00pm ET/PT). "Since I have been with the CW, I have tried to get a military drama up and running", admits Pedowitz.
"We are very fond of the show", said Pedowitz, noting that "Jane the Virgin" performs especially well in delayed and digital viewing, arguably making its place on the schedule less critical.
New sanctions on Venezuela officials upcoming
In February , the U.S. designated Maduro's vice president and presumed heir Tareck El Aissami a major worldwide drug trafficker. President Nicolas Maduro in turn blames sabotage by the "bourgeois" opposition, which he says is backed by Washington.
Tuesdays are the only night on the schedule which remain unchanged, with The Flash and Legends Tomorrow staying put, but Wednesdays are getting a major makeover. DC's latest series Black Lightning is missing from the schedule though, set to debut in the midseason. From Gossip Girl's Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, the modern take on the classic soap stars Nathalie Kelley, Elizabeth Gillies and Grant Show.
Esther and John Shapiro, creators of the original series, are also involved as executive producers. Pedowitz admits that they would "love to have Joan Collins" or any other Dynasty alums on, but is leaving that up to the showrunners. As a result, Jane the Virgin is on the move to Friday nights where it will reconnect with its former Monday night comrade Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - which moves up to the 8 p.m. ET hour. "And we will continue to provide our advertisers new opportunities to reach our audience, the youngest of any broadcaster, on every platform".
Newcomers arriving midseason include the Lucy Hale-led comedy "Life Sentence" and new DC drama "Black Lightning".
- Body dumped along Texas road after hearse stolen
- STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: Ducks snap Predators' streak
- Star Wars Battlefront II: New Trailer Sheds Revealing Light on Protagonist
- Fractious House panel at centre of latest Trump probes
- Stock Jumping Abnormally High: Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Inc. (SKT)
- Bandy leads surging Brewers to 6-3 victory over Cubs
- Deputy attorney general to brief Senate next week after Comey firing
- Sharapova s'oblige à passer par les qualifs à Wimbledon
- Voters in Iran go to the polls to pick president
- Trump prononcera un discours sur une "vision pacifique" de l'islam