Almost 81 per cent of products under the GST would be charged below the 18 per cent bracket, said Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia. "We are extremely disappointed with the GST rate decision as it will make telecom services costlier for the consumer, reduce voice and data consumption levels, which in turn, will hit telco bottomlines in the coming quarters".
Jaitley is hopeful that the GST Council will be able to reach a consensus to finalise the list of exempted items on Friday, including tax rate of gold and bidi. The GST rate on coal has been fixed at 5 per cent, down from 11.69 per cent of tax now charged.
The special session will discuss state GST Bill and amendment to the Odisha Value Added Tax (VAT), said a notification.
With the GST, India will join select league of nations with a goods and service tax.
In a statement, KEA Chairman Farooq Dar said holding GST council meet in Srinagar is a well-hatched plan of the government of India to implement the tax regime in the State.
Worldpay Group (LON:WPG) Receives Overweight Rating From Barclays Analysts
According to the analyst this now indicates there is a potential increase of 16.85% from Rhythmone's current price of 44.5. The stock of Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX) has "Overweight" rating given on Tuesday, November 1 by Morgan Stanley.
The GST is a destination-based single tax on the supply of goods and services from the manufacturer to the consumer and is one indirect tax for the entire country.
These items at present attract 22-24 per cent tax incidence through a combination of central and state government levies.
Considering the massive impact of GST the operators have already initiated the registration process involving migration to the GST regime, the COAI said. However, the government is yet to decide the GST rate for branded cereals. This would significantly bring down the list of "zero tax" products.
Just like the GST Network rates vendors on the basis of their compliance, firms must also internally rate vendors, Mr. Prasad said.
- Trump again blows up a careful White House statement with a tweet
- More cyberattacks expected in wake of WannaCry
- Swedes drop rape case against WikiLeaks' Assange
- Flipkart, Amazon top LinkedIn's companies list
- Lonzo to work out for Lakers only, LaVar says
- Russian FM mocks US media over intelligence-sharing reports
- Should Boston Celtics Keep the First Pick or Not? Team Entertaining Offers?
- Mort de Victor Lanoux : "un homme sensible aux aventures humaines"
- Congress seeks Comey testimony as Russian Federation turmoil engulfs Trump
- OPEC, non-OPEC discuss extending supply cut by nine months or more