And perhaps to the surprise of Mac users, Apple may introduce a 13-inch MacBook Air with a faster processor. The company's MacBook Pro "will get a faster Kaby Lake processor from Intel " (NASDAQ: INTC), and its 12-inch MacBook will also get a "faster Intel chip".
Apple will reportedly announce an update to its lineup of laptops at its annual developer conference, known as WWDC, in June.
Apple's laptops account for 11 percent of the company's annual $216 billion in sales. iPhones make up nearly two thirds of the company's sales.
The MacBook Pro model would try and become a direct competitor for Microsoft's efforts in the laptop/tablet market, as the Windows developer has already sank their teeth into this portion of the tech industry with the various devices that they power.
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. (EGBN) Lifted to Buy at Zacks Investment Research
The institutional investor purchased 34,670 shares of the financial services provider's stock, valued at approximately $2,070,000. Finally, Ameritas Investment Partners Inc. bought a new stake in Eagle Bancorp during the first quarter worth about $158,000.
Although none of the updates sound like especially major changes or renovations from the hardware perspective, it is still encouraging to see that Apple is finally taking some of the criticism of its latest MacBook Pro variants.
While the 12-inch MacBook received several system upgrades past year, the 13-inch MacBook Air badly needs some attention as well. However, it is now one of the bulkiest, even in Apple's MacBook products.
A lot of it was tied to the fact that the MacBook Pro 2016 still came with an Intel Skylake chipset, hardly an upgrade from the previous offering.
The MacBook Air was upstaged and neglected by last fall's new touch-enabled MacBook Pro, but Apple might not be ready to kill it just yet.
The stall in Mac updates has not been limited to laptops. Aside from that, Apple is also announcing Kaby Lake MacBook upgrades at the event. At last year's conference, the company announced the Sierra operating system, which added support for Siri, Apple Pay and iMessage improvements.
- Liverpool hold talks with Manchester United and Chelsea target Tiemoue Bakayoko
- Amazon Echo Show is the New Touchscreen Echo Device, Priced at $230
- Reporters barred from Kushner Companies' visa-for-investment event in China
- Hertz Global Holdings, Inc (HTZ) Bonds Rise 1.3% During Trading
- 3 men stole car, killed 6-year-old in back seat
- 22h49 Multiplex de la dernière journée de Ligue 2 en direct
- Ducks' John Gibson great but Nashville is for real
- Shire PLC (SHP) Earns Buy Rating from Berenberg Bank
- Jadhav's case should not be politicized, says speaker NA
- Brokers Change Their Target Price On Everest Re Group, Ltd. (NYSE:RE)