Edward Klein, 79, was charged with discharge of a firearm causing great bodily harm and attempted murder.
Prosecutors said Klein had just returned from a canceled trip to Las Vegas, and was trying to catch a train to Milwaukee, but tried to get off the Amtrak train at a scheduled stop in Naperville.
Klein stayed on the train, but decided he wanted to get off after the doors closed.
Prosecutors say Klein told police he became angry when he couldn't disembark in Naperville, outside Chicago, and shot the conductor.
The release states that Edward Klein attempted to exit the train through the window, but he was detained by train personnel and Amtrak passengers.
Other passengers restrained the gunman until police arrived. The conductor remains in intensive care.
House oversight panel calls for May 24 hearing with Comey
And who's to say that the capricious and egotistical tycoon will decide the job's not up to him, and go of his own accord? Sen. Comey will be called to testify before House and Senate committees in public hearings over the next few weeks.
He was taken into custody and a handgun was recovered, police said.
Klein will be back in court in Wheaton on June 12th.
State's attorney's office spokesman Paul Darrah said Klein formerly worked for the Federal Protective Services, a branch of Homeland Security that provides security for federal facilities.
They also said he admitted that he pulled a gun on people twice before during earlier confrontations.
Klein's status as a former federal law enforcement agent would not have exempted him from that policy, the spokesman said. "I would like to thank authorities with Amtrak as well as the Naperville Police Department for their quick response to this situation".
- Bringing high speed rail to the Toronto-Windsor corridor
- Morgan Stanley Increases Amphenol Co. (APH) Price Target to $68.00
- Siri vs Google Assistant on the iPhone
- Alexis Sanchez Like A Devil On The Pitch Says Arsene Wenger
- Toure On Target As City Brush Aside West Brom
- Trump says he gave Russians the super secret information aides denied yesterday
- France: passation de pouvoir Hollande-Macron
- USA planning to kill Kim Jong-un - North Korea claims
- Israeli minister reportedly says it is time to assassinate Syria's Assad
- Free NBA Pick for the Boston Celtics vs