Over the years, The Witcher has been adapted into comics, a Polish film and TV series, board games and more.
First off, if you haven't already heard, Netflix is making a TV series based off of the Witcher series, but developer CD Projekt Red will not be involved in the production. We have the early details for you here!
The Witcher, a fantasy book series already engaging many fans globally by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, is now under production and in development by Netflix. Originally started as a series of short stories in Poland written by Andrzej Sapkowski, the series eventually grew to become a well known book series and eventually into the trio of games that we all know and love today. Sapkowski's anthology makes up for eight books and story collections that center on a secretive group of hunters trained from a young age to combat savage and vulgar monsters.
"Andrzej Sapkowski has created a rich and memorable world, at once magical and familiar", said Erik Barmack, Netflix Vice President, worldwide series.
Les Etats-Unis ont bombardé un convoi militaire lié au régime syrien
Après avoir tiré des coups de semonce, l'aviation américaine a frappé une milice présentée comme pro-Damas, afin de la stopper. La coalition a aussi envoyé des avions effectuer des tirs d'avertissement avant de procéder aux frappes, a-t-il précisé.
Netflix also announced Sean Daniel and Jason Brown, who worked on the shot-in-Toronto sci-fi program The Expanse, as executive producers.
The series will still have some ties to the games - Tomas Baginski, who has directed the intro videos for the three Witcher games, is set to direct at least one episode per season of the show. "We couldn't be more excited about bringing [it to] Netflix members around the world." . He said during a press release, "I'm thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories... staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing".
"The Witcher stories follow an unconventional family that comes together to fight for truth in a risky world", the two wrote in a press release. He emphasized that there is intellectual and moral depth in the novels that go beyond any genre.
HBO's Game of Thrones might now be dominating the fantasy television world, but a big-name announcement today could mean a new contender could soon be on the scene.
- Putin offers notes of his diplomat's meetings with Trump to Congress
- Manchester United Youngster Marcus Rashford Loves Life With Jose Mourinho
- CW to reboot 'Dynasty,' '80s prime-time soap opera, in fall
- New York: qui est Richard Rojas, le chauffard de Times Square
- Stock Perspective: Photronics, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLAB) Earnings in View
- Star Ocean Till the End of Time arrive sur PS4
- Rupee falls 21 paise against dollar in early trade
- Réquisitions sévères contre la "morgue" et le "déni" des prévenus — Procès AZF
- Rolf Harris: Australian entertainer to be released from prison TOMORROW
- Florida WR Antonio Callaway cited for pot possession