The morbidly obese wild monkey, who gorged himself on junk food and soda from tourists, has been rescued and placed on a strict diet.
A wild obese macaque named "Uncle Fat", who was rescued from a Bangkok suburb, sits with bananas in a rehabilitation center in Bangkok, Thailand, Friday, May 19, 2017.
A morbidly obese wild Macaque was captured in a suburb of Bangkok, Thailand, and put on a "strict diet of lean protein, fruits and vegetables", the AP reports.
The primate is now being kept in the department's facility in Bangkok and receiving a strict diet of green vegetables, low-sugar fruits and lean protein.
Most urban wild monkeys in Thailand are macaques, and they typically weigh around 9 kilograms (20 pounds).
Anaïs Camizuli enceinte ? Elle répond aux rumeurs de grossesse !
C'est des ouf, c'est quoi ces journalistes éclatés contre un mur. " Parce que je me suis mariée, alors je suis enceinte? ". Et afin de faire passer le message, elle s'est affichée avec sa plaquette de pilules contraceptives à la main.
Uncle Fat weighs three times that, tipping the scales at around 26 kilograms (60 pounds).
"It was not easy to catch him", said Kacha Phukem, who nabbed Uncle Fat on April 27.
"He was the leader of his pack, and when I tried to go in, I had to fight off a flock of them with sticks". Macaques are a favourite of visitors to Thailand, with the monkeys canny enough to know that human beings will happily feed them should they get close enough. "We gave him food that monkeys shouldn't eat, and this was totally preventable", Supakarn Kaewchot, a government wildlife veterinarian, told news outlet Khao Sod. "Weight loss will decrease Uncle Fatty's risk of diabetes and heart disease", the veterinarian said.
Uncle Fat is believed to be between 10 and 15 years old. Supakarn said she hopes that within a few months they can consider releasing him to the wild. "My autobiography has been published", one user wrote, linking to an article about Uncle Fat, while another said, "This is me after stress eating during deadlines week".
- What Trump didn't know or says he didn't about his man Flynn
- La Nuit des musées à l'Espace Air Passion
- Trump administration renews Iran sanctions waivers
- Chelsea's John Terry is set for an emotional Stamford Bridge farewell
- Ofcom proposes 'text-to-switch' mobile provider plan
- Venezuela leader: Officials treated like Jews under Nazis
- Mourinho blames Pogba price tag for 'unfair' criticism of Manchester United star
- Donald Trump 'will find a way to resign', says President's ghostwriter
- Trump Denounces Media Coverage In Coast Guard Academy Commencement
- Russian Federation probe 'hurts our country terribly'