The morbidly obese wild monkey, who gorged himself on junk food and soda from tourists, has been rescued and placed on a strict diet.
A wild obese macaque named "Uncle Fat", who was rescued from a Bangkok suburb, sits with bananas in a rehabilitation center in Bangkok, Thailand, Friday, May 19, 2017.
A morbidly obese wild Macaque was captured in a suburb of Bangkok, Thailand, and put on a "strict diet of lean protein, fruits and vegetables", the AP reports.
The primate is now being kept in the department's facility in Bangkok and receiving a strict diet of green vegetables, low-sugar fruits and lean protein.
Most urban wild monkeys in Thailand are macaques, and they typically weigh around 9 kilograms (20 pounds).
Why Trump's combative trade stance makes US farmers nervous
Nowhere is the importance of trade stronger than right here in North America. "First, we must do no harm", the U.S. WIPR readers were split over whether the renegotiation of NAFTA would be bad for IP owners in the country.
Uncle Fat weighs three times that, tipping the scales at around 26 kilograms (60 pounds).
"It was not easy to catch him", said Kacha Phukem, who nabbed Uncle Fat on April 27.
"He was the leader of his pack, and when I tried to go in, I had to fight off a flock of them with sticks". Macaques are a favourite of visitors to Thailand, with the monkeys canny enough to know that human beings will happily feed them should they get close enough. "We gave him food that monkeys shouldn't eat, and this was totally preventable", Supakarn Kaewchot, a government wildlife veterinarian, told news outlet Khao Sod. "Weight loss will decrease Uncle Fatty's risk of diabetes and heart disease", the veterinarian said.
Uncle Fat is believed to be between 10 and 15 years old. Supakarn said she hopes that within a few months they can consider releasing him to the wild. "My autobiography has been published", one user wrote, linking to an article about Uncle Fat, while another said, "This is me after stress eating during deadlines week".
- Multiple Congressional Committees Want Comey's FBI Memos And Testimony
- Mourinho blames Pogba price tag for 'unfair' criticism of Manchester United star
- Ofcom proposes 'text-to-switch' mobile provider plan
- IMI plc (IMI) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Goldman Sachs Group Inc
- Markelle Fultz: Thomas believes he and Fultz can coexist
- Oil down as market stays well supplied despite Opec cuts
- Trump, DeVos Education Budget: Cuts Could Hurt College Students the Most
- What Trump didn't know or says he didn't about his man Flynn
- Chelsea's John Terry is set for an emotional Stamford Bridge farewell
- France/rumeurs de compte offshore: Macron porte plainte (entourage)