Volkswagen has finally taken the wraps off the long awaited Up GTI, a spiritual successor to the original Mk1 Golf GTI and much loved Lupo GTI. Gti makes do with a 1.0 litre, three-cylinder turbo petrol good for 113bhp, but at under a tonne in weight it should be enough to make the Up!
Expected to go on sale in the United Kingdom in early 2018 - and costing around £14.5k - the Up!
There's a choice of standard six-speed manual or the optional new seven-speed DSG automatic, but regardless the Golf GTI Performance is hitting the 62 mph (100 kph) mark in a brisk 6.2 seconds - with maximum speed standing at 155 mph (250 kph) or 154 mph (248 kph) in case you like the comfort of the dual-clutch setup. The vehicle you see here is actually a concept, although it's a production-ready one that directly previews the auto due to hit showrooms in early 2018.
Watch Derek Jeter's Jersey Retirement Ceremony
Now with his No. 2 jersey retired, all single digit numbers have been retired by the Yankees. The sculpture on Jeter's Monument Park plaque actually looks like Jeter.
It is driven by a 115PS turbocharged engine and although it weighs significantly more than the Mk1 Golf GTI at 997 kg it is also faster, accelerating from standstill to 62mph in 8.8 seconds with a top speed of 122mph. That means it has a red stripe across the grille with the GTI logo above it, as well as double stripes across the wide side sill panels and high-gloss black exterior mirror caps. The Up GTI rides 15mm lower on stiffened suspension, while at the back there is an extended rear spoiler and a red stripe along the base of the glass tailgate.
The interior includes a leather-trimmed sport steering wheel, a GTI gear knob and the legendary "clark" tartan seat pattern as featured in the original Golf GTI. GTi feel pretty lively in the real world. Even the colour palette is borrowed from the current Golf GTI.
- Rampant Spurs down Rockets to seal Conference Finals spot
- Israel arrests 2 after deadly West Bank clash
- Experts question North Korea role in WannaCry cyberattack
- LeBron, Love lead Cavs past Celtics
- Always Dreaming is 4-5 favorite
- Ce qu'il faut retenir des investitures de la République en marche — Législatives
- Zac Efron and Alexandra Daddario are getting together
- Defying "One Belt, One Road": EU Says No to China's Global Leadership
- Trump promises quick nomination of new Federal Bureau of Investigation chief
- New skins, emotes, and voice lines teased for Overwatch Anniversary event