Malaga beat Barcelona 2-0 in early April and Michel said after that match: "Real Madrid will be the champions, but a Malaga man from Real Madrid has lent them a hand". "The boss has managed things very well this year. So I am happy".
The ex-Manchester United striker is the new all-time top scorer in Europe's big-five leagues - the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 - with 368 goals. "We know it will be a hard game, but we are going to try and play at 100 percent to win it".
But he was denied a hat-trick late on when he inexplicably missed a virtually open goal, with his team-mates utterly stunned that he had failed to convert one of the easiest chances of his entire career.
James Rodriguez's stepfather has hinted the Colombian star is indeed set for a summer switch after falling down the pecking order under Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane. They'll do their best not to get a card.
Real Madrid winger Isco has described playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, who scored a brace as they defeated Celta Vigo on Wednesday, as a joy. Greaves scored his first in the 1957-58 campaign, before netting his last goal for West Ham during the 1970-71 season.
Madrid has been dominant from the start of the season, being in front for most of the league.
La feuille de route du nouveau gouvernement — Conseil des ministres
En 2012, Jean-Marc Ayrault était crédité de 56 % de confiance à son arrivée à Matignon et François Fillon de 50 % en juin 2007. Sur les 18 ministres nommés au gouvernement d'Edouard Philippe ce mercredi 17 mai, quatre l'ont déjà été par le passé.
"The most hard part is still to come even though we're getting closer (to the title) every day", Zidane told reporters.
"I am happy, I am just a bit exhausted that's all", he said.
For Real Madrid, the remaining two fixtures are extremely crucial as a minor slip-up can cost them the title.
Malaga could be tricky because it has been in strong form recently. Celtistas may well, as the club letter says, "make room for pride and hope" - but even for the most-hardened of supporters, and indeed Barca fans everywhere, turning over the mighty Real Madrid may just be one dream too many. "I have to respect the competition and always go out to win".
Dermot Corrigan is a Madrid-based football writer who covers La Liga and the Spain national team for ESPN FC.
- Un procureur spécial nommé dans l'enquête Trump-Russie (ministère de la Justice)
- Abdoul Mbaye blanchi de tous les chefs d'accusation — Verdict
- Dès 19h, suivez en direct la Google I/O
- Former US Rep Weiner pleads guilty in sexting with minor case
- Deere profit beats on strong farm equipment demand, shares jump
- Karp Capital Management Corp Takes Position in Foot Locker, Inc. (FL)
- Merkel, Macron seek to revitalise ties to bolster EU
- Comey summoned to reveal if Trump obstructed justice
- Filip Forsberg comes through again for Predators against Ducks in Game 3
- Mputu et Kalaba portent le TP Mazembe — CdC