Game 3 is Friday night at Toronto's Air Canada Centre, where the Raptors will have the crowd on their side.
Unlike in the games in Cleveland, the Raptors kept the Cavs from building a huge first-quarter lead.
They were without Kyle Lowry (22-point scorer), their star guard having sprained an ankle in Wednesday's Game 2.
Both of Friday's games will have big questions at the point.
Kyrie Irving scored 16 points and Kyle Korver had 14 for the Cavaliers, who have posted three straight double-digit wins over Toronto. Thompson grabbed 12. Their 25 caroms matched the entire Toronto team. Cleveland's defense has been good enough through the first two games, though the team is scoring at such a rate that getting stops hasn't been a major concern.
- With Miami in 2012, he saved the Heat from elimination - and silenced some of his most boisterous critics - by scoring 45 points with 15 rebounds in a Game 6 win at Boston, where his first stint with the Cavs ended with him yanking off his jersey following a season-ending loss. He has been the interim coach the past four games, in which the Warriors are 4-0.
"But I've still got more time".
The Raptors led 52-49 at the intermission and were led by 21 points from DeRozan.
James passed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (5,762 points) for second place with his 27th point in the third quarter, with the rout in this lopsided series already under way.
Antoine Griezmann has no reason to leave Atletico Madrid
Because you think you're going to raise the trophy, you make moves with your people ... Speaking to " El Larguero " radio show, Griezmann said: "I really like it here".
But the Raptors went ice cold in the fourth. After making 14 of 41 three-point attempts in Game 1, the Cavs went 18-of-33 from behind the arc in Game 2.
Then consider that DeRozan scored only one point in the fourth period.
When James hit two free throws with 7:23 left, Cleveland led by 12.
James also became the fourth player with 300 career 3-pointers in the postseason, joining Ray Allen (385), Reg-gie Miller (320) and Manu Ginobili (312). The term "make-or-miss league" was used often after the game and the bottom line is that the Cavs shot much better than their opponent.
Last year, the Cleveland Cavaliers were playing some of their best basketball of the season against the Toronto Raptors in the first two games of the Eastern Conference Finals, but the tide shifted *temporarily* when the series went back to Toronto. The Cavaliers went on to win the series in six games.
HOUSTON - LaMarcus Aldridge scored at will in the paint before San Antonio turned a late barrage of 3-pointers into a victory over Houston in Game 3 of the Western Conference semifinal series at Toyota Center.
By an unofficial count, the Toronto Raptors franchise record for consecutive playoff games without an existential question about the future of the team stands at three. In less than two minutes, a two-point deficit swelled to eight points. At this point, it feels like the only shot the Raptors have got.
"We know DeMar is a great player and our strategy in the last three years since I've been here is just take away what a team does best", Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said. After starting 1 of 7 from the floor in the quarter, Leonard converted a dunk with 3:37 left before adding a baseline turnaround jumper, a second-chance basket and two free throws to lift the Spurs to a 43-39 lead.
- Facebook Messenger Home Screen Gets a Makeover
- George's fate could be determined Thursday — Paul George
- Fox News mastermind Roger Ailes dies aged 77
- United States airstrikes target pro-Assad forces in Syria
- Putin offers transcript of Trump meeting with Lavrov
- Answers from Yates, more questions for White House
- Europe Electronics Ban Could Cost Airline Passengers $1 Billion
- The world's richest people have been left with a fortune of trump
- Hanford Nuclear Site: Tunnel Collapse Causes Workers to 'Take Cover'
- Growth Analysis of: salesforce.com, inc. (CRM)