According to a student source from the hostel, two suicide bombers came into the hostels from the back gate and hugged one of the security men who tried to prevent them from gaining entrance into the main building of the hostel.
At least one person was killed after two explosions at the University of Maiduguri in northern Nigeria.
NAIJ.com earlier reported that a similar attack occurred at the institution when the attacker entered the university through the back gate with the aim of penetrating the school before being gunned down dead by a vigilant soldier.
Abu Hanifa Babati, the student union government president, confirmed the attacks.
Three university security personnel were reportedly injured.
Pletcher confident of Derby winner at Preakness
Lookin At Lee, second in the Derby by 2.75 lengths, also has the task of overturning his last-start result behind Always Dreaming. And it kind of felt like right at the buzzer - they hit a buzzer-beater winning that Arkansas Derby.
The first attack, he said, "occurred around the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, after the bomber detonated the bomb before being accosted by soldiers".
Three male suicide-bombers were killed while attempting to attack a female hostel in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, on Thursday night.
He noted that one of the bombers hurriedly detonated his IED vest, killing himself instantly.
He explained that immediately the suicide bombers detonated their explosives strapped on them, it led to injury of the two University's security officers and two vigilantes.
Isuku said the scene of the attacks have been visited by EOD personnel and that normalcy has been restored.
- Ex-FBI Director Mueller to lead Trump-Russia investigation
- President Trump: I Didn't Ask Comey to Drop The Flynn Investigation
- Chaffetz resignation latest twist in GOP oversight of Trump
- US extends Iran nuclear sanctions relief
- Len McCluskey wrong to say Labour can not win election - Kezia Dugdale
- Trump visit seen as long shot to revive Israeli-Palestinian peacemaking
- Grey's Anatomy (TF1) : Bientôt un nouveau spin-off !
- Sen. John Cornyn among candidates to be Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- Google unveils latest tech tricks as computers get smarter
- Video shows Chris Cornell's last performance hours before death