According to a student source from the hostel, two suicide bombers came into the hostels from the back gate and hugged one of the security men who tried to prevent them from gaining entrance into the main building of the hostel.
At least one person was killed after two explosions at the University of Maiduguri in northern Nigeria.
NAIJ.com earlier reported that a similar attack occurred at the institution when the attacker entered the university through the back gate with the aim of penetrating the school before being gunned down dead by a vigilant soldier.
Abu Hanifa Babati, the student union government president, confirmed the attacks.
Three university security personnel were reportedly injured.
Video shows Chris Cornell's last performance hours before death
He is survived by wife Vicky Krayiannis, his son, Christopher, and his daughters, Toni and Lillian. But as successful as Cornell's public life was, his private life was often marked by problems.
The first attack, he said, "occurred around the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, after the bomber detonated the bomb before being accosted by soldiers".
Three male suicide-bombers were killed while attempting to attack a female hostel in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, on Thursday night.
He noted that one of the bombers hurriedly detonated his IED vest, killing himself instantly.
He explained that immediately the suicide bombers detonated their explosives strapped on them, it led to injury of the two University's security officers and two vigilantes.
Isuku said the scene of the attacks have been visited by EOD personnel and that normalcy has been restored.
- Real Madrid a point from title after Celta Vigo win
- Grey's Anatomy (TF1) : Bientôt un nouveau spin-off !
- GOP lawmaker says Trump allegations, if true, are grounds for impeachment
- Sen. John Cornyn among candidates to be Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- US extends Iran nuclear sanctions relief
- Chaffetz resignation latest twist in GOP oversight of Trump
- Len McCluskey wrong to say Labour can not win election - Kezia Dugdale
- Pressure is on Celtics in Game 2
- Ex-FBI Director Mueller to lead Trump-Russia investigation
- Trip to bring Macron face-to-face with troops