U.S. Senator Ben Cardin (D-Md.) issued the following statement in commemoration of National Peace Officers Memorial Day and National Police Week 2017. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 15, 2017, as Peace Officers Memorial Day and May 14 through May 20, 2017, as Police Week.
According to the White House, 118 officers killed in the line of duty in the United States previous year, including 66 in malicious attacks - a 40 percent increase from 2015.
Shepard spoke about bills still being debated in the legislature that would benefit police officers, including one that would allow them to retire sooner.
Gov. Greg Abbott was the keynote speaker for the event honoring the Texas troopers, special agents and Texas Rangers who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
The White House is lit in blue to honor police officers killed in. Police officers were also honored during a ceremony at the Minnesota State Capitol.
Newcastle United signing Aaron Mooy would be major blow for Sunderland
Mooy signed for Man City previous year from their feeder club Melbourne City but was shipped straight out on loan. The Aussie star has made a big impression for the Terries in their run to the play-offs.
"I've been in law enforcement for 37 years, so I know more than a handful of the names on the list unfortunately", says Barre Police Chief Tim Bombardier.
Trump promised to fund, train, and equip law enforcement agencies around the country as part of his promise to keep America safe.
And the president alluded to his strong support from law enforcement during the 2016 election.
He appeared with peace officers, noting "some of you have suffered greatly and we're going to take care of it". They came to hear President Donald Trump and to see their law enforcement family turn out in force.
National Peace Officer Memorial Day was created by President John F. Kennedy in 1962.
- Exxon to Import Own Fuel to Supply New Gas Stations in Mexico
- Karp Capital Management Corp Takes Position in Foot Locker, Inc. (FL)
- Un procureur spécial nommé dans l'enquête Trump-Russie (ministère de la Justice)
- You can get a Frozen Dunkin' Coffee for free today
- La feuille de route du nouveau gouvernement — Conseil des ministres
- USA : Le procès en incompétence de Donald Trump prend de l'ampleur
- Une GT 1030 pour l'entrée de gamme — Nvidia
- Cannes 2017 : Les décolletés sexy déjà stars du tapis rouge
- Unai Emery écarte encore Ben Arfa — PSG
- Nomination d'un procureur spécial pour enquêter sur Donald Trump — Etats-Unis