Joniec said in the post, which was shared nearly 700,000 times, that parents should be cautious with the toys.
But one mom in Texas is warning about the potential dangers of the device after her daughter almost choked to death while playing with one.
They were driving home from a swim meet Saturday when Joniec said she could hear her daughter retching in the backseat.
Joniec said her daughter Britton was sent to the hospital after a piece of the spinner had apparently broken off the device after she put it inside her mouth to clean it. She pulled over and realized that her daughter had swallowed one of the bearings from her fidget spinner.
The mother pulled the auto over and her daughter pointed to her throat indicating that she swallowed something. "X-ray showed the spinner bushing lodged in her esophagus", Joniec posted. She rushed Britton to a nearby care center after Joniec failed to dislodge the small piece of metal in the child's esophagus.
Thankfully, the bearing was successfully surgically removed and Britton made a quick recovery.
Merkel, Macron seek to revitalise ties to bolster EU
Jean-Yves Le Drian, 69, the former defense minister, stays on in Macron's new government as foreign minister and Europe minister. Mrs Merkel called Mr Macron's visit an honour and a sign of the deep friendship between the two European powerhouses.
However, Joniec posted the photos on Facebook to warn others of the potential choking hazard continuing the conversation about the danger of these spinners.
Ch-ch-check out the full post (below) to get the entire story.
Kelly Rose Joniec posted about the harrowing experience Monday on Facebook, and her post has since been shared more than 440,000 times. While this is the first widely reported incident of a child choking on a fidget spinner, children choking on toys is, as mentioned, far from uncommon and often severe. "If it can fit through a toilet paper roll, don't give it to a young child, and make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions".
The toys come in a number of colors, and cost only around $3 to $4, leading many children to carry multiple spinners.
The twirling toys have become so popular lately that they've been banned in some schools. "Certain characteristics, including shape, size, and consistency, of certain toys and foods increase their potential to cause choking among children", states the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Trump administration keeps Iran deal alive, but with new sanctions
- Former US Rep Weiner pleads guilty in sexting with minor case
- Chelsea Manning released from United States military prison
- Campbell Soup's profit drops 4.8% on weak demand
- Gérald Darmanin dit son "attachement" à la fonction publique
- Rod Beard's National Basketball Association mock draft 1.0
- How Much Damages Made By Wannacry Ransomware Attack Made Throughout The World
- Donald Trump: 'even my enemies say there is no Russian Federation collusion'
- Amber Heard shows off form-fitting 'Aquaman' costume
- La feuille de route du nouveau gouvernement — Conseil des ministres