Sheriff Fitzgerald said along with the mobile home park and surrounding areas, there is extensive storm damage around a nearby lake.
"We thought we were going to be digging for people here for days", Fitzgerald said. Fitzgerald said they lifted walls off people who were trapped.
"I've been inundated with calls from people asking what they can do to help", he said Wednesday morning. Fire Chaplain Danny Ringer told reporters at the scene late Tuesday that one person was known dead from the twister, although details were lacking. The thunderstorm continued to move east-northeast through Rusk County with many reports of damage. He says some homes and outbuildings have been damaged severely and utility poles and lines are down.
"I've lived in Oklahoma nearly 50 years", he said.
The Wisconsin tornado was part of a huge swath of the Plains and Upper Midwest threatened with severe weather and followed a turbulent but less violent night of storms in southern Wisconsin on Monday night.
Governor Walker surveyed the damage Wednesday afternoon near Chetek, where a tornado hit a Prairie Lake Estate mobile home park Tuesday night.
Polls open with Iranians to give verdict on Rouhani
They dip one of their index fingers in ink, making a print on the form, while officials stamp their ID so they can't vote twice. The Guardian Council rejected Ahmadinejad's bid to run again in Friday's election, likely to avoid any similar conflict.
Jackson County emergency management officials urged motorists to stay off the roads Wednesday night, with numerous trees and power lines down as well as flooding that caused Highway 121 and a number of town roads to close. Another person was killed in Elk City, where a tornado destroyed at least 40 homes, according to the Associated Press. It destroyed dozens of homes, killed a man, 46-year-old Eric Gavin, and injured at least 25 other people, some seriously, authorities said.
In eastern Nebraska, winds damaged homes, farms and businesses and left thousands of people without electricity.
Meanwhile, parts of northwest Oklahoma are under the highest risk category for severe weather, according to the Storm Prediction Center in Norman.
According to the National Weather Service, almost 300 preliminary severe weather reports filed in from Wisconsin to Texas, spanning Tuesday afternoon to early Wednesday.
All severe modes are possible including strong tornadoes, baseball size hail and damaging winds exceeding 80 miles per hour.
- EDF cède EDF Polska à PGE pour 1,1 milliard d'euros — EDF
- Man charged with murder after NY vehicle carnage
- Ross Barkley surprise target for Antonio Conte
- Analysts Recommendations Frontier Communications Corporation (FTR)
- European Union regulators slap Facebook with fine for misleading them about WhatsApp
- China says hopes new South Korean government will correct problems
- Consumers concerned about post-Brexit price hikes, survey shows
- Trump promises quick nomination of new Federal Bureau of Investigation chief
- Volkswagen to launch GTI version of Up city vehicle
- China's Xi calls for S. Korea ties to get back on track