Sheriff Fitzgerald said along with the mobile home park and surrounding areas, there is extensive storm damage around a nearby lake.
"We thought we were going to be digging for people here for days", Fitzgerald said. Fitzgerald said they lifted walls off people who were trapped.
"I've been inundated with calls from people asking what they can do to help", he said Wednesday morning. Fire Chaplain Danny Ringer told reporters at the scene late Tuesday that one person was known dead from the twister, although details were lacking. The thunderstorm continued to move east-northeast through Rusk County with many reports of damage. He says some homes and outbuildings have been damaged severely and utility poles and lines are down.
"I've lived in Oklahoma nearly 50 years", he said.
The Wisconsin tornado was part of a huge swath of the Plains and Upper Midwest threatened with severe weather and followed a turbulent but less violent night of storms in southern Wisconsin on Monday night.
Governor Walker surveyed the damage Wednesday afternoon near Chetek, where a tornado hit a Prairie Lake Estate mobile home park Tuesday night.
Malware case, a major blow for the NSA
IT providers and security firms are encouraging companies and users to make sure they install the official patch from Microsoft . According to the cyber security experts, many corporate, institutions and individual have been hit by the ransomware.
Jackson County emergency management officials urged motorists to stay off the roads Wednesday night, with numerous trees and power lines down as well as flooding that caused Highway 121 and a number of town roads to close. Another person was killed in Elk City, where a tornado destroyed at least 40 homes, according to the Associated Press. It destroyed dozens of homes, killed a man, 46-year-old Eric Gavin, and injured at least 25 other people, some seriously, authorities said.
In eastern Nebraska, winds damaged homes, farms and businesses and left thousands of people without electricity.
Meanwhile, parts of northwest Oklahoma are under the highest risk category for severe weather, according to the Storm Prediction Center in Norman.
According to the National Weather Service, almost 300 preliminary severe weather reports filed in from Wisconsin to Texas, spanning Tuesday afternoon to early Wednesday.
All severe modes are possible including strong tornadoes, baseball size hail and damaging winds exceeding 80 miles per hour.
- Trump's first foreign trip has high stakes at each stop
- Des femmes désertent les rues d'un quartier de Paris — Harcèlement de rue
- Destiny 2 : une version Nintendo Switch dans les cartons ? Bungie s'exprime
- Création d'une technique de régénération des déchets en plastique
- European Union regulators slap Facebook with fine for misleading them about WhatsApp
- Polls open with Iranians to give verdict on Rouhani
- Analysts Recommendations Frontier Communications Corporation (FTR)
- Ross Barkley surprise target for Antonio Conte
- Defying "One Belt, One Road": EU Says No to China's Global Leadership
- Say Hello To The New VW Up GTI