The red Honda auto crashed into a pole and came to rest at W45th Street and Broadway.
Of the injured, four were critical and three deemed very serious but all were likely to survive, authorities said.
The incident was not believed to be an act of terrorism, the NYPD said.
It appears the 26-year-old driver, a Bronx man, made a wrong turn and drove in the wrong direction for three blocks, striking multiple pedestrians until crashing at West 45th Street, according to law enforcement sources.
The incident, at a crowded landmark long considered a terrorist target, initially raised fears of another Isis attack as the group calls on its supporters to carry out more vehicle rammings like those seen in Stockholm, London, Berlin and Nice.
"You are going to have to be strong now", he reportedly said to them.
Ross Barkley surprise target for Antonio Conte
Koeman is relaxed and despite wanting Barkley to stay confirmed the club are pondering other options. If he stays there will be more competition for him next season.
The 26-year-old Rojas was arrested Thursday afternoon after his auto sped down three blocks in Times Square, hitting almost two dozen people before steel security barriers finally stopped him.
Law enforcement sources tell us Rojas admitted smoking marijuana Thursday morning before he got behind the wheel. A week ago, Rojas was arrested for menacing after he allegedly pulled a kitchen knife on a visitor to his home.
Harrison said Rojas didn't drink before he joined the Navy but came back with a drinking problem.
Alyssa Elsman, from Portage, Michigan, died and 23 people were struck by the vehicle before it was stopped by a security barrier.
People in the surrounding area in a number of buildings were placed on lockdown after the incident. In 2012 he served aboard the USS Carney, a destroyer.
Navy records showed he spent two months at a naval brig in Charleston, South Carolina, in 2013. They do not indicate why. The officials weren't authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity. Details of the circumstances were not immediately available. Her 13-year-old sister was among the injured.
- Say Hello To The New VW Up GTI
- Consumers concerned about post-Brexit price hikes, survey shows
- World's thinnest hologram will make screen size 'irrelevant'
- Volkswagen to launch GTI version of Up city vehicle
- Les ministres doivent soutenir les candidats de la majorité présidentielle — Législatives
- Analysts Recommendations Frontier Communications Corporation (FTR)
- Defying "One Belt, One Road": EU Says No to China's Global Leadership
- John McCain calls for expulsion of Turkey's ambassador to US
- Israel arrests 2 after deadly West Bank clash
- Des femmes désertent les rues d'un quartier de Paris — Harcèlement de rue