Ancelotti described Alonso, a player he also managed at Real Madrid where they won the 2013-14 Champions League together, as "a fantastic player and midfielder". Thinking about it, over time I progressively moved further back down the field and in the end I ended up either as left-back or right-back.
The game against SC Freiburg will be an emotional goodbye to two legends of European football and serves as the backdrop for the crowning ceremony, as Lahm will hoist the Meisterschale for the fifth time in a row afterwards.
"It will be an exciting day for me, I'm really looking forward to [my last Bundesliga game]".
"I can't name a single particular moment, there have been so many!" he told press on Thursday.
"His decision to end his career deserves respect, even as I regret it as do many soccer fans, as I am convinced he has a lot of time to play with. Because that's what I was, without wishing to sound arrogant".
Trump administration keeps Iran deal alive, but with new sanctions
The Syrian agency produces unconventional weapons, such as the chemical weapons Assad's forces used earlier this year. This may be meant to "undercut the impression that Trump is softening on Iran", The Associated Press wrote.
Fifteen years, 650 competitive games, 113 global caps, eight Bundesliga titles, six German Cups, one Champions League, one Club World Cup and one World Cup later, the Bayern Munich captain finally hangs up his boots this Saturday.
"I can't say what's going to happen in ten years but at this moment in time, with the best will in the world, I can't imagine being a coach", he revealed. I want to do other things, meet new people, learn about different areas. "I played three mins!"
"The first Bundesliga title, the first DFB Pokal win, the Champions League and the triple were all special too". "I'd like to forget these but losing is part of the game and overall everything has turned out fine". Then, who knows? What will I do on my first day after retirement? Then I'll head to Sabenerstrasse, clean out my locker and hand out a few presents to the staff. It's also my mum's birthday'.
Lahm confirmed that he was planning to visit former Bayern teammate Bastian Schweinsteiger, now plying his trade at Chicago Fire in the MLS.
- Rod Beard's National Basketball Association mock draft 1.0
- Campbell Soup's profit drops 4.8% on weak demand
- President Donald Trump Reaffirms: 'No Collusion'
- Bientôt 115 ch pour la Up (avec vidéo) — Volkswagen Up GTI
- Karp Capital Management Corp Takes Position in Foot Locker, Inc. (FL)
- UC Regents meeting to consider audit, student cap underway
- Microsoft criticises NSA's role in the global cyber attack
- National Police Week honors law enforcement across the country
- Nomination d'un procureur spécial pour enquêter sur Donald Trump — Etats-Unis
- François Bayrou au tribunal en 2019 pour une affaire de diffamation