Ancelotti described Alonso, a player he also managed at Real Madrid where they won the 2013-14 Champions League together, as "a fantastic player and midfielder". Thinking about it, over time I progressively moved further back down the field and in the end I ended up either as left-back or right-back.
The game against SC Freiburg will be an emotional goodbye to two legends of European football and serves as the backdrop for the crowning ceremony, as Lahm will hoist the Meisterschale for the fifth time in a row afterwards.
"It will be an exciting day for me, I'm really looking forward to [my last Bundesliga game]".
"I can't name a single particular moment, there have been so many!" he told press on Thursday.
"His decision to end his career deserves respect, even as I regret it as do many soccer fans, as I am convinced he has a lot of time to play with. Because that's what I was, without wishing to sound arrogant".
Un premier dossier brûlant pour Nicolas Hulot
Il a répondu par deux courriers adressés l'un à Nicolas Hulot, l'autre à Bruno Le Maire, le nouveau ministre de l'Economie. Dans un courrier, il demande la suspension du projet qu'il juge " inutile et coûteux ".
Fifteen years, 650 competitive games, 113 global caps, eight Bundesliga titles, six German Cups, one Champions League, one Club World Cup and one World Cup later, the Bayern Munich captain finally hangs up his boots this Saturday.
"I can't say what's going to happen in ten years but at this moment in time, with the best will in the world, I can't imagine being a coach", he revealed. I want to do other things, meet new people, learn about different areas. "I played three mins!"
"The first Bundesliga title, the first DFB Pokal win, the Champions League and the triple were all special too". "I'd like to forget these but losing is part of the game and overall everything has turned out fine". Then, who knows? What will I do on my first day after retirement? Then I'll head to Sabenerstrasse, clean out my locker and hand out a few presents to the staff. It's also my mum's birthday'.
Lahm confirmed that he was planning to visit former Bayern teammate Bastian Schweinsteiger, now plying his trade at Chicago Fire in the MLS.
- Mputu et Kalaba portent le TP Mazembe — CdC
- Karp Capital Management Corp Takes Position in Foot Locker, Inc. (FL)
- L'ancien PM Manuel Valls veut être candidat de la "majorité présidentielle" — France
- Microsoft criticises NSA's role in the global cyber attack
- Len McCluskey wrong to say Labour cannot win election - Kezia Dugdale
- Comey summoned to reveal if Trump obstructed justice
- Nomination d'un procureur spécial pour enquêter sur Donald Trump — Etats-Unis
- Merkel, Macron seek to revitalise ties to bolster EU
- Former US Rep Weiner pleads guilty in sexting with minor case
- President Donald Trump Reaffirms: 'No Collusion'