The demonstration in Huwara was organized by Palestinian activists to show support for hundreds of Palestinians imprisoned by Israel who for the last month have been waging a high-profile hunger strike.
The leader of the strike, Marwan Barghouti, also threatened to stop drinking water unless the prisoners' demands for improved prison conditions were met.
On Tuesday, the UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the occupied Palestinian territories, Michael Lynk, stated that force-feeding amounted to torture, adding that administrative detention, or imprisonment without trial, was against global law. In a written statement, Michael Lynk, the United Nations special rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian Territory under occupation, requested better and accessible health care, unrestrained family visits, and an end to solitary confinement and administrative detention for Palestinian hunger strikers.
Earlier on Thursday, Nikolay Mladenov, the United Nations Special Coordinator said in an emailed press statement that it is necessary to find a fast solution to the striking Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails.
The death of the Palestinian led to clashes between dozens of local youth and Israeli soldiers, who also closed Huwwara road. The Israeli settler who shot and wounded a Palestinian man who threw rocks at his auto was detained, but was released after proving it was in self-defense.
Watch Derek Jeter's Jersey Retirement Ceremony
Now with his No. 2 jersey retired, all single digit numbers have been retired by the Yankees. The sculpture on Jeter's Monument Park plaque actually looks like Jeter.
Israel maintains that conditions meet all worldwide standards, and has so far has refused to negotiate with prisoners.
An Israeli settler celebrated the killing of a Palestinian by another settler today by handing out chocolates to passing Israeli vehicles.
The wave of violence threatened to spiral as the weekend approached as Palestinians were called to continue confronting Israeli security forces at various points in the West Bank.
The soldiers fired gas bombs, causing many Palestinians to suffer the effects of teargas inhalation, two of them, including a man, 49, were hospitalized.
- Amazon lance ses nouveaux Kindle Fire
- I am in Champions Trophy squad because of IPL, says Shikhar Dhawan
- India have played it safe with Champions Trophy selection
- Les ministres doivent soutenir les candidats de la majorité présidentielle — Législatives
- "Des limites ne seront pas imposées à la presse", assure l'Elysée
- Mourinho: Price tag on Man Utd midfielder Pogba 'unfair'
- La BMW M5 passera de la propulsion à la transmission intégrale
- Ce qu'il faut retenir des investitures de la République en marche — Législatives
- French elections 2017: Who is Emmanuel Macron?
- ESL To Stream 1500 Hours Of Exclusive Esports Content On Facebook Live