The demonstration in Huwara was organized by Palestinian activists to show support for hundreds of Palestinians imprisoned by Israel who for the last month have been waging a high-profile hunger strike.
The leader of the strike, Marwan Barghouti, also threatened to stop drinking water unless the prisoners' demands for improved prison conditions were met.
On Tuesday, the UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the occupied Palestinian territories, Michael Lynk, stated that force-feeding amounted to torture, adding that administrative detention, or imprisonment without trial, was against global law. In a written statement, Michael Lynk, the United Nations special rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian Territory under occupation, requested better and accessible health care, unrestrained family visits, and an end to solitary confinement and administrative detention for Palestinian hunger strikers.
Earlier on Thursday, Nikolay Mladenov, the United Nations Special Coordinator said in an emailed press statement that it is necessary to find a fast solution to the striking Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails.
The death of the Palestinian led to clashes between dozens of local youth and Israeli soldiers, who also closed Huwwara road. The Israeli settler who shot and wounded a Palestinian man who threw rocks at his auto was detained, but was released after proving it was in self-defense.
Ransomware hits 'hundreds of thousands' of China PCs
"Ransonware that has been dubbed 'WannaCry " security is one of the worst and wide spread malware they ever even. FedEx, telecom companies Telefonica of Spain and Megafon of Russian Federation were also hit.
Israel maintains that conditions meet all worldwide standards, and has so far has refused to negotiate with prisoners.
An Israeli settler celebrated the killing of a Palestinian by another settler today by handing out chocolates to passing Israeli vehicles.
The wave of violence threatened to spiral as the weekend approached as Palestinians were called to continue confronting Israeli security forces at various points in the West Bank.
The soldiers fired gas bombs, causing many Palestinians to suffer the effects of teargas inhalation, two of them, including a man, 49, were hospitalized.
- Les ministres doivent soutenir les candidats de la majorité présidentielle — Législatives
- French elections 2017: Who is Emmanuel Macron?
- "Des limites ne seront pas imposées à la presse", assure l'Elysée
- Le porte-parole du gouvernement "entend" les inquiétudes des journalistes
- Ce qu'il faut retenir des investitures de la République en marche — Législatives
- ESL To Stream 1500 Hours Of Exclusive Esports Content On Facebook Live
- Watch Derek Jeter's Jersey Retirement Ceremony
- I am in Champions Trophy squad because of IPL, says Shikhar Dhawan
- World's thinnest hologram will make screen size 'irrelevant'
- LeBron and Co cruise past Celtics in game one romp