In a historic moment for Indian Football, for the first time, the Indian U-17 World Cup Squad defeated the U-17 Youth Team of Italy who have won the FIFA World Cup four times 2-0, in Arizo, Italy on Friday (May 19, 2017).
Abhijit Sarkar (31st minute) and Rahul Praveen (80th) scored for the Indians either side of the break.
India struck once in both halves to seal what is their first win in the Exposure tour of Europe that they have undertaken ahead of the U-17 World Cup in October.
The Indian boys dominated possession for a major part of the game and created more chances.
India was brisk from the beginning and gave the opposition a tough time.
Donald Trump says looks forward to working with France's Macron
Meanwhile, Ms Le Pen's father redoubled his criticism of his daughter late on Sunday. The news agency, AFP, reported that prosecutors had launched an investigation.
India started positively with Komal Thatal's 8th minute strike before Aniket Jadhav came close in the 13th minute. They nearly doubled the lead in the 59th minute when Aniket rounded the keeper but failed to convert into an open goal.
In the 31st minute however, the goal for the Indian Colts came when Abhijit Sarkar's cross took a wicked deflection off the Italian defence line and ended up in the back of the opposition net to give India the lead.
In the 59 minute, Aniket missed a one versus one chance against the Italian goalkeeper after he rounded the opposition custodian up but failed to convert.
Rahul, in the 75th minute, failed to tap the ball inside the net after it bounced off the Italian goalkeeper's hands. Five minutes later he made amends for that spurned chance when he doubled India's lead with a goal from inside the box. Find us on Facebook too!
- France: Le jour où Sarkozy a failli frapper Edouard Philippe
- La finale organisée aux 24h du Mans — Forza Racing
- Chaffetz's Last Role In Congress May Be Looking Into Comey's Memos
- Oil falls Thursday as market stays well supplied despite cuts
- Chelsea Manning: Wikileaks source freed from military prison
- BX residents celebrate Mexican culture on Cinco de Mayo
- Un jeune indien de 18 a construit le plus petit et le plus léger satellite du monde pour la NASA
- Chibok schoolgirls: 'One refused to be released'
- 30 joueurs pour la Coupe des Confédérations 2017 — Cameroun
- Ligue 1-Fr : L'AS Monaco remporte le championnat