In a historic moment for Indian Football, for the first time, the Indian U-17 World Cup Squad defeated the U-17 Youth Team of Italy who have won the FIFA World Cup four times 2-0, in Arizo, Italy on Friday (May 19, 2017).
Abhijit Sarkar (31st minute) and Rahul Praveen (80th) scored for the Indians either side of the break.
India struck once in both halves to seal what is their first win in the Exposure tour of Europe that they have undertaken ahead of the U-17 World Cup in October.
The Indian boys dominated possession for a major part of the game and created more chances.
India was brisk from the beginning and gave the opposition a tough time.
Guus Hiddink backs Conte to stay on as Chelsea manager
Former Chelsea star Frank Lampard has warned that the Premier League champion will face "a big test" to continue its dominance next season.
India started positively with Komal Thatal's 8th minute strike before Aniket Jadhav came close in the 13th minute. They nearly doubled the lead in the 59th minute when Aniket rounded the keeper but failed to convert into an open goal.
In the 31st minute however, the goal for the Indian Colts came when Abhijit Sarkar's cross took a wicked deflection off the Italian defence line and ended up in the back of the opposition net to give India the lead.
In the 59 minute, Aniket missed a one versus one chance against the Italian goalkeeper after he rounded the opposition custodian up but failed to convert.
Rahul, in the 75th minute, failed to tap the ball inside the net after it bounced off the Italian goalkeeper's hands. Five minutes later he made amends for that spurned chance when he doubled India's lead with a goal from inside the box. Find us on Facebook too!
- France's Macron names Edouard Philippe, a relative unknown, as prime minister
- BX residents celebrate Mexican culture on Cinco de Mayo
- Moustakas' blast backs Duffy as Royals sink Yankees
- Phone scam claiming to provide WannaCry ransomware supports
- France: Le jour où Sarkozy a failli frapper Edouard Philippe
- Cyber Attack Hits China Government, Schools, but Spread Slows
- La finale organisée aux 24h du Mans — Forza Racing
- Ligue 1-Fr : L'AS Monaco remporte le championnat
- France's Macron says EU treaty change 'not taboo'
- Mother threatened with LEGAL action after leaving a bad review on TripAdvisor