India landed in the last quarter of the index ranking 154th among 195 countries.
China, with a score of 74 on the index, has been ranked at 82 - far ahead of India, and Sri Lanka has scored 73 on the index. However, the report shows that the country performed worse than expected in tuberculosis, diabetes, rheumatic heart diseases and chronic kidney diseases.
Highlighting growing inequalities between countries, researchers pointed out that even among countries of similar development levels, there is wide variation in healthcare access and quality.
Among its neighbours, India's health index remains better than only Pakistan and Afghanistan, whose index is 43.1 and 32.5 respectively.
The results have revealed that India, in spite of socio-economic growth in the given time-period, has not managed to achieve its goals in health care department.
What the White House has said about special prosecutors
Mueller, in a statement tweeted by CBS News said: "I accept this responsibility and will discharge it to the best of my ability". He called the probe a "witch hunt" and "totally ridiculous" Thursday afternoon.
In South Asia, Sri Lanka has an impressive score of 72.8 points.
The findings suggest, between 1990 and 2015, almost all countries and territories saw their HAQ Index values improve, but the difference between the highest and lowest observed HAQ Index was larger in 2015 than in 1990, ranging from 28•6 to 94•6.
The study, funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, assesses performance for 195 countries from 1990-2015, based on death rates from 32 diseases that could be avoided by effective medical care in the country year-on-year.
As per the study, India has performed poorly in tackling cases of tuberculosis, diabetes, chronic kidney diseases and rheumatic heart diseases.
"If every country and territory had achieved the highest observed HAQ Index by their corresponding level of SDI, the global average would have been 73•8 in 2015", the report says.
- Snap share value drops 20% after its first earnings report
- Daydream 2.0 Euphrates will come with some very welcome features
- Macron as French President: Lesser of Two Evils
- Majority believe Trump fired Comey to hinder Russian Federation investigation
- La "peine" de Ségolène Royal non retenue au gouvernement
- Foot - National - Le Paris FC en barrage, Sedan en National 2
- L'annonce reportée à mercredi — Nouveau gouvernement
- Soldes d'été de Steam : les dates dévoilées. Préparez votre argent !
- Expedia Inc (EXPE) To Go Ex-Dividend on May 23rd
- Cumul, nucléaire, Philippe impose ses règles au gouvernement — France