India landed in the last quarter of the index ranking 154th among 195 countries.
China, with a score of 74 on the index, has been ranked at 82 - far ahead of India, and Sri Lanka has scored 73 on the index. However, the report shows that the country performed worse than expected in tuberculosis, diabetes, rheumatic heart diseases and chronic kidney diseases.
Highlighting growing inequalities between countries, researchers pointed out that even among countries of similar development levels, there is wide variation in healthcare access and quality.
Among its neighbours, India's health index remains better than only Pakistan and Afghanistan, whose index is 43.1 and 32.5 respectively.
The results have revealed that India, in spite of socio-economic growth in the given time-period, has not managed to achieve its goals in health care department.
$235.01 Million in Sales Expected for Horizon Pharma PLC (HZNP) This Quarter
Sheaff Brock Investment Advisors LLC bought a new stake in Horizon Pharma PLC during the first quarter worth about $148,000. Finally, Fort Point Capital Partners LLC boosted its stake in shares of Horizon Pharma PLC by 59.3% in the first quarter.
In South Asia, Sri Lanka has an impressive score of 72.8 points.
The findings suggest, between 1990 and 2015, almost all countries and territories saw their HAQ Index values improve, but the difference between the highest and lowest observed HAQ Index was larger in 2015 than in 1990, ranging from 28•6 to 94•6.
The study, funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, assesses performance for 195 countries from 1990-2015, based on death rates from 32 diseases that could be avoided by effective medical care in the country year-on-year.
As per the study, India has performed poorly in tackling cases of tuberculosis, diabetes, chronic kidney diseases and rheumatic heart diseases.
"If every country and territory had achieved the highest observed HAQ Index by their corresponding level of SDI, the global average would have been 73•8 in 2015", the report says.
- Iran votes in first presidential election since nuclear deal
- Russia Responds to Trump Impeachment Question in the Most Russian Way Possible
- Foot - National - Le Paris FC en barrage, Sedan en National 2
- Expedia Inc (EXPE) To Go Ex-Dividend on May 23rd
- Le domaine des dieux se précise — La suite d'Astérix
- What the White House has said about special prosecutors
- L'annonce reportée à mercredi — Nouveau gouvernement
- Kentucky tourism shows strong growth in 2016
- Majority believe Trump fired Comey to hinder Russian Federation investigation
- Macron as French President: Lesser of Two Evils