India landed in the last quarter of the index ranking 154th among 195 countries.
China, with a score of 74 on the index, has been ranked at 82 - far ahead of India, and Sri Lanka has scored 73 on the index. However, the report shows that the country performed worse than expected in tuberculosis, diabetes, rheumatic heart diseases and chronic kidney diseases.
Highlighting growing inequalities between countries, researchers pointed out that even among countries of similar development levels, there is wide variation in healthcare access and quality.
Among its neighbours, India's health index remains better than only Pakistan and Afghanistan, whose index is 43.1 and 32.5 respectively.
The results have revealed that India, in spite of socio-economic growth in the given time-period, has not managed to achieve its goals in health care department.
Ses frères et soeurs désignés comme uniques héritiers — Fortune de Prince
Prince onstage at the 42nd NAACP Image Awards held at The Shrine Auditorium on March 4, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. Et un musicien quasi-inconnu a assuré que Prince lui avait promis lors d'une tournée de lui donner tous ses biens.
In South Asia, Sri Lanka has an impressive score of 72.8 points.
The findings suggest, between 1990 and 2015, almost all countries and territories saw their HAQ Index values improve, but the difference between the highest and lowest observed HAQ Index was larger in 2015 than in 1990, ranging from 28•6 to 94•6.
The study, funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, assesses performance for 195 countries from 1990-2015, based on death rates from 32 diseases that could be avoided by effective medical care in the country year-on-year.
As per the study, India has performed poorly in tackling cases of tuberculosis, diabetes, chronic kidney diseases and rheumatic heart diseases.
"If every country and territory had achieved the highest observed HAQ Index by their corresponding level of SDI, the global average would have been 73•8 in 2015", the report says.
- L'annonce reportée à mercredi — Nouveau gouvernement
- EDF créé une nouvelle filiale d'ingénierie — Nucléaire
- What the White House has said about special prosecutors
- Iran votes in first presidential election since nuclear deal
- Qui est Edouard Philippe, le nouveau Premier ministre ?
- Le domaine des dieux se précise — La suite d'Astérix
- $235.01 Million in Sales Expected for Horizon Pharma PLC (HZNP) This Quarter
- La "peine" de Ségolène Royal non retenue au gouvernement
- US Navy deploys second aircraft carrier to North Korea's doorstep
- Partis politiques ou société civile : d'où viennent les ministres de Macron ?