Shami, who last played a one-day worldwide in the 2015 World Cup, has recovered from injury and been playing with the Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League. Also, form of Ajinkya Rahane raised questions but the committee chose to go by without change in the squad. The 15 member squad has been announced by the BCCI (Board of Control For Cricket in India) today.
India will defend their title in the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 which will once again take place in England. India won in Pune and Cuttack but lost in Kolkata. Ashwin, who suffered a sports hernia, was also advised six-to-eight weeks of rehabilitation after a gruelling Test series against Australia.
The seventh batsman's slot is expected to be taken by Manish Pandey.
Even as statement described the decision as "unanimous", ex ICC and BCCI chief N Srinivasan, who was part of the meeting through video conferencing, is learnt to have caled for a more hawkish line against the intenational body, an Indian Express report said.
Mumbai: Right-arm pacer Mohammed Shami has insisted that he has worked really hard on his fitness and skills in the last two years and will be looking to give his best in the upcoming Champions Trophy beginning June 1 in England and Wales. "He narrowly missed out". He has been kept on standby along with Suresh Raina and Dinesh Karthik but in a short tournament like the Champions Trophy where a team will play five matches at the most, it is highly unlikely they will be required.
How Much Damages Made By Wannacry Ransomware Attack Made Throughout The World
The attack was a reminder that people and businesses should keep their software up to date, or else remain vulnerable, Smith said. Microsoft in a blog post said that, "we at Microsoft have the first responsibility to address these issues".
"MSK Prasad also highlighted the importance of MS Dhoni in the side and said", He is an invaluable asset to this team when it comes to crunch situations.
The major change is the team would be under the leadership of Virat Kohli.
He also expressed his views on a player being picked in an ODI side based on IPL performances.
Shami, who has been regularly turning up for Delhi Daredevils in the ongoing Indian Premier League, felt it was a good platform for him to prepare for the Champions Trophy.
The Virat Kohli-led team begins its campaign against Pakistan on June 4 at Edgbaston, will face Sri Lanka on June 8 and South Africa on June 11.
- Former FBI Director Comey to Testify Before US Congress Soon
- Autodesk, Inc. (ADSK) Receives Neutral Rating from Guggenheim
- President Donald Trump Reaffirms: 'No Collusion'
- Return to path of denuclearization: United Nations to North Korea
- Former N.O. Federal Bureau of Investigation chief calls new special counsel a good choice
- Gérald Darmanin dit son "attachement" à la fonction publique
- Oops! Bella Hadid Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction At Cannes
- Legends Lahm, Alonso bow out with Bayern
- Chaffetz resigning from Congress as of June 30
- Le porte-parole du gouvernement "entend" les inquiétudes des journalistes