With this in mind, Google will be optimizing not only its OS to accommodate the lower available memory but also apps, especially its first party apps, which will often receive a second Go version aimed at such devices.
Google's Assistant service is now available on the iPhone, a major milestone for the platform. Google had introduced rounded icons for the Pixel users in the past.
Google Lens will also be able to scan your photos for data, searching for stuff like show details or WiFi passwords.
You can already play the likes of Google Play Music or Spotify Premium on the Home but a forthcoming update will also expand such functionality to Spotify Free accounts as well as added support for SoundCloud and Deezer.
Google Assistant has its limitation as well.
China, ASEAN agree on framework for South China Sea code of conduct
The meeting was co-chaired by Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Liu Zhenmin and Philippine Ambassador to China Jose Sta. Islands in the South China Sea face rival claims from Vietnam, Brunie, Malaysia, the Philippines and Taiwan.
Google Home might still be finding its feet in the United Kingdom, but there are some cool new features heading down the pipeline to make it an even better A.I friend. For example, if a user points their phone at a storefront, Google Lens will recognize the store and even pull up data from Google Maps for more information. It should give Siri a run for its money, but the fact you'll probably need to open an app rather than hold the home button will make it less convenient. This is a pretty neat feature that has many possibilities in the future.
Home will be proactive, giving you notifications in advance for things like flight delays and traffic alerts. The really smart innovation here is that if your partner or housemate says "call mum", it'll call theirs, rather than yours.
The conference started off with Google CEO Sundar Pichai revealing that an estimated 2 billion people are now using an active Android device. Google plans to change that by borrowing some exciting tech from it's more powerful, PC-based brother. Android users with the Nougat update have the Assistant, and for other users, Assistant is integrated into Allo, Google's chat application. Some improvements include "Notification Dots", which allow users to preview messages from apps without opening the apps themselves; O is also optimised for better battery life and improvements in security and performance.
We can expect in the full release of the operating system later this Summer.
- Video shows Chris Cornell's last performance hours before death
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Med View airline banned from European airspace
- Pletcher confident of Derby winner at Preakness
- Trip to bring Macron face-to-face with troops
- Trump visit seen as long shot to revive Israeli-Palestinian peacemaking
- Brazilian president says he won't step down amid scandal
- Sondage : Emmanuel Macron et Edouard Philippe ne bénéficient pas d'état de grâce
- Royaume-Uni : Ses parents lui donnent 1,8 million d'euros, le fils estime que ce n'est pas assez et les attaque en justice
- Microsoft's free custom support could have stopped 'WannaCrypt'