Anthony Weiner will appear in federal court Friday to face criminal charges in connection with an investigation of his online communications with a 15-year-old girl in North Carolina.
Former New York congressman Anthony Weiner will plead guilty to sending obscene material to a minor, U.S. media report.
The official wasn't authorized to speak about the plea bargain because the criminal charges had yet to be filed publicly with the court, and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.
Download our Expert Edition e-book, Cyber: Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation. His attorneys are expected to ask for probation when he appears in a U.S. District Court, the sources added.
But the sexting didn't stop, and a series of explicit exchanges continued in early 2016 with a 15-year-old girl from North Carolina, two highly knowledgeable sources told NBC News in September.
Trump and other Republicans accused her of endangering national security by exposing classified information to potential hacking.
During an investigation into the sexting allegation, FBI officials found emails on Mr Weiner's laptop from his ex-wife, Huma Abedin, who was a top aide to Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.
Deere profit beats on strong farm equipment demand, shares jump
For 2017, Deere now expects company equipment sales to increase 9%, compared with previous guidance of 4% growth. Shares rose 7% in premarket trading as the company topped profit expectations in its second quarter.
In October, days before the election, then FBI director James Comey stunned the country by announcing that his agency was reopening its closed investigation into Mrs Clinton's handling of State Department business on a private email server so it could analyse the newly discovered correspondence.
That inquiry was brief.
Check out Federal News Radio's latest podcasts.
Weiner's lawyer, Arlo Devlin Brown, didn't immediately return a message Friday.
Weiner, who represented NY in Congress from 1999 to 2011, resigned after revelations that he was sending sexually explicit messages to multiple women.
His failed mayoral bid is the subject of the documentary "Weiner".
- Pas d'état de grâce pour le couple Macron-Philippe — Sondage
- "Connard", "débile profond": Yann Barthès insulté par un conseiller de Macron
- Portage woman killed in crash in Times Square
- Comey summoned to reveal if Trump obstructed justice
- Dès 19h, suivez en direct la Google I/O
- Ameritech Financial Responds to Increase in Federal Student Loan Interest Rates
- New footage shows Erdogan watching Washington brawl
- Une GT 1030 pour l'entrée de gamme — Nvidia
- National Police Week honors law enforcement across the country
- Karp Capital Management Corp Takes Position in Foot Locker, Inc. (FL)