Android Auto is supported for smartphones running Android 5.0 and higher, while CarPlay is compatible with iPhone 5 or later, updated to iOS 7.1 or higher. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, the dealership can also update the system for you.
SYNC 3 now supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay on all model-year 2017 Ford cars including the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion and Mustang, SUVs including the Escape, Explorer and Expedition, F-Series trucks and Ford's electrified vehicles. Starting today, anyone who owns one of Ford's 2016 vehicles with the SYNC 3 infotainment system can get a software update that will enable support for both Android Auto as well as its main rival, Apple's Carplay. "With over-the-air updates, we can deliver new features to customers in the background while they continue using their vehicles". Now, Ford has some decent news for 2016 model year owners: CarPlay and Android Auto is now available by way of a free update via Wi-Fi, a USB drive, or by visiting a dealership. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled auto, you have to ensure that automatic updating is enabled within Sync 3, then, when it connects to your home network, the update will be downloaded. Users can control Apple CarPlay through the in-vehicle display or via Siri voice control.
Marc Benioff Sells 10000 Shares of salesforce.com, inc. (CRM) Stock
Mariner Wealth Advsrs Ltd Limited Liability Company owns 0.01% invested in Ulta Beauty Inc (NASDAQ:ULTA) for 803 shares. First Personal Financial Services increased its position in shares of salesforce.com, inc.by 7.5% in the first quarter.
As for the Wi-Fi update feature, you will have to navigate to the settings menu and activate the Automatic System Updates option. As long as the system is connected to the Wi-Fi, the update process will keep running in the background.
- Melissa McCarthy's Sean Spicer Returns To 'Saturday Night Live,' Hides in Bushes
- Baahubali 2 crosses rs 1500 cr mark
- Bella Hadid And Her Leg Return To Cannes
- US likely to ban laptops on all flights from Europe
- Manchester City Zabaleta announcement opens door for Bilic — Transfer Focus
- Elliott discloses 9.2 percent stake in Athenahealth, shares soar
- Huddersfield moves 1 win away from the Premier League
- Deputy AG knew Comey would be fired before he wrote memo
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- New York Times Square crash: Driver arrested