Android Auto is supported for smartphones running Android 5.0 and higher, while CarPlay is compatible with iPhone 5 or later, updated to iOS 7.1 or higher. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, the dealership can also update the system for you.
SYNC 3 now supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay on all model-year 2017 Ford cars including the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion and Mustang, SUVs including the Escape, Explorer and Expedition, F-Series trucks and Ford's electrified vehicles. Starting today, anyone who owns one of Ford's 2016 vehicles with the SYNC 3 infotainment system can get a software update that will enable support for both Android Auto as well as its main rival, Apple's Carplay. "With over-the-air updates, we can deliver new features to customers in the background while they continue using their vehicles". Now, Ford has some decent news for 2016 model year owners: CarPlay and Android Auto is now available by way of a free update via Wi-Fi, a USB drive, or by visiting a dealership. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled auto, you have to ensure that automatic updating is enabled within Sync 3, then, when it connects to your home network, the update will be downloaded. Users can control Apple CarPlay through the in-vehicle display or via Siri voice control.
Golden State Warriors stomp Spurs in Game 2
Twelve Warriors were fielded and seven wound up with double-figure scores, with Curry delivering 29 points on 8 of 13 shooting. They'll need their entire roster to step their game up a notch if they want to defeat the star-studded Warriors at "Roaracle".
As for the Wi-Fi update feature, you will have to navigate to the settings menu and activate the Automatic System Updates option. As long as the system is connected to the Wi-Fi, the update process will keep running in the background.
- Deputy AG knew Comey would be fired before he wrote memo
- PSG : Emery veut Semedo !
- Inflation rate drops for third consecutive month
- NSA warned Microsoft about vulnerability connected to 'Wanna Cry'
- Warriors throttle Spurs to take 2-0 lead
- Elliott discloses 9.2 percent stake in Athenahealth, shares soar
- What could happen in Brazil as Temer fights to stay in power
- Macron wins Merkel backing for bid to shake up Europe
- Justice Department Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel for Russia Investigation
- Bella Hadid And Her Leg Return To Cannes