Deere & Co reported on Friday a 62 percent jump in quarterly profit, helped by improving demand for its products, and the USA farm equipment maker raised its fiscal 2017 financial forecast.
Net income attributable to Deere rose to $802.4-million, or $2.49 cents per share, in the second quarter ended April 30 from $495.4-million, or $1.56 cents per share, a year earlier.
The improved market conditions helped Deere & Co report a 5.2% rise to $8.29bn in sales in the three months to May 1, with results from construction and forestry particularly strong, lifted by higher sales volumes. For 2017, Deere now expects company equipment sales to increase 9%, compared with previous guidance of 4% growth.
For the third quarter, analysts are looking for EPS of $1.53 and revenues of $6.3 billion.
Unai Emery écarte encore Ben Arfa — PSG
Avant de préciser qu'il a " fait le groupe avec les joueurs " qu'il " pense être les meilleurs pour être dans les 18 ". Emery a évoqué une obscure raison " technique " pour expliquer l'absence de l'ancien Niçois.
Net sales for its worldwide equipment operations were up 2% during the quarter and 1% during the first half of the year in comparison with the same two periods one year ago. Based on what Deere said this morning about its own third-quarter estimates, expect these numbers to rise in the next few days.
"We are seeing modestly higher overall demand for our products, with farm machinery sales in South America experiencing a strong recovery", CEO Samuel Allen said in a statement.
Shares rose 7% in premarket trading as the company topped profit expectations in its second quarter.
Deere beat last year's quarterly EPS by 60% and the consensus estimate by 48%. The stock has climbed 36 percent in the last 12 months.
- La feuille de route du nouveau gouvernement — Conseil des ministres
- Une GT 1030 pour l'entrée de gamme — Nvidia
- Abdoul Mbaye blanchi de tous les chefs d'accusation — Verdict
- National Police Week honors law enforcement across the country
- Nomination d'un procureur spécial pour enquêter sur Donald Trump — Etats-Unis
- Newcastle United signing Aaron Mooy would be major blow for Sunderland
- Karp Capital Management Corp Takes Position in Foot Locker, Inc. (FL)
- Cannes 2017 : Les décolletés sexy déjà stars du tapis rouge
- USA : Le procès en incompétence de Donald Trump prend de l'ampleur
- You can get a Frozen Dunkin' Coffee for free today