The Cleveland Indians made a minor trade with the Tampa Bay Rays as they swapped Michael Martinez for cash considerations on Thursday afternoon. Evidently, Miller saw the doctor today and the result was a trip to the DL after determining that Brad Miller has a left abdominal strain.
The Tampa Bay Rays have a very limited 40-man roster now with only a couple of position player options available. However, do not look for much offensive production from the 34-year-old veteran. Miller slugged a career-high 30 home runs in 2016.
Martinez's best season with the Phillies was when he posted a slash line of.196/.258/.282 with three home runs and 24 RBI during his rookie campaign.
Filip Forsberg comes through again for Predators against Ducks in Game 3
Nashville tied the game 1-1 with 16:06 left in the third when Filip Forsberg scored his team-leading sixth goal of the postseason. Two wins from the first NHL Stanley Cup Final in Nashville history, the Predators have all the makings of a team of destiny.
The Rays become the fifth major league team that he has played for, since being signed as an amateur free agent by the Washington Nationals in 2005, though never making it to the majors. The majority of his experience has come with the Phillies, but he has also spent some time with the Boston Red Sox and of course the Indians. Despite his poor average and lack of power thus far, Miller actually leads the league in walks with 30.
- "Connard", "débile profond": Yann Barthès insulté par un conseiller de Macron
- Ameritech Financial Responds to Increase in Federal Student Loan Interest Rates
- Une consommation précoce influence les résultats scolaires — Cannabis
- Solère contraint de démissionner de la présidence du groupe LR — Région IDF
- Simona Halep qualifiée — Masters de Rome
- Photographer shocked he snapped photo of Times Square madman
- Trump reportedly asked Comey to consider imprisoning members of the press
- Exxon to Import Own Fuel to Supply New Gas Stations in Mexico
- Warriors trounce Spurs, take 2-0 series lead
- Newcastle United signing Aaron Mooy would be major blow for Sunderland