The wrestling drama has stunned the world by collecting Rs 500 crore from China alone. Baahubali 2's juggernaut is far from being over. The film collected Rs 1,502 crore, with a collection of Rs 1227 crore in India and Rs 275 crore in the overseas market.
Movie like Meri Pyaari Bindu, Sarkar 3, Hindi Medium and Half Girlfriend have released post Baahubali: The Conclusion, but couldn't stop the dream run of this magnum opus. With this, the movie has become the first Indian movie to achieve this feat.
At Rs 320-325 crore, Baahubali 2 is now the highest opening Indian film, beating Bollywood blockbusters and its 2015 predecessor Baahubali: The Beginning by a huge margin. In the opening week, the film earned Rs 534 crore which included Rs 247 crore in Hindi while the Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam versions earned Rs 287 crore. Baahubali 2 started Rs 400-club.
Man charged with murder after NY vehicle carnage
Police identified the woman killed as 18-year-old Alyssa Elsman, who was on holiday with her family from Portage , Michigan. The officials weren't authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.
Meanwhile, with the help of China, Aamir Khan's Dangal is closely following Baahubali 2. Karan shared on Twitter, "The HINDI version of #BaahubaliTheConclusion marches past the 450 crore mark!" The film created Rs 100 crore club in North America.
The overwhelming response to Baahubali 2, critically and commercially, shows that spectacle-heavy masala filmmaking is the future of Indian cinema and if executed with passion, nothing can stop a film from succeeding.
- Wal-Mart Sees Online Sales Surge, More Shoppers at Stores
- Heavy gunfire erupts in Ivory Coast's two main cities
- Golden State Warriors stomp Spurs in Game 2
- China says hopes new South Korean government will correct problems
- FCC votes to begin rollback of net neutrality regulations
- Mourinho sweating over Fellaini injury after Southampton draw
- EDF cède EDF Polska à PGE pour 1,1 milliard d'euros — EDF
- After listening to tape Temer says probe should be shelved
- Sterling's fall buoys United Kingdom manufacturers as export orders rise
- 4 suspected child lifters lynched