CNN political commentator Ana Navarro took to Twitter to say that if Hillary Clinton had leaked information to Russian Federation while in the Oval Office, Republican members of Congressional would begin the process to impeach her immediately.
There has been a legal debate on whether Mr Trump was allowed to declassify the information he leaked in order to share it with Russian officials, but Ms Navarro mocked the "enablers" for using that as an excuse for Mr Trump being "clueless" or "incompetent".
He remarked that the committee ignored the fact their 2016 presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton, mishandled classified information to a much larger extent that what Trump revealed.
View Donald Trump's tweets about leaking classified intel below. No proof ever emerged of a successful hostile foreign breach of her account, then-FBI Director James Comey said at the time.
Inflation rate drops for third consecutive month
The rate of inflation is now above the Bank of England's 2.65 per cent forecast for the entirety of the second quarter of 2017. With rising inflation and wage growth starting to slow, consumers are beginning to feel a squeeze on their disposable income.
On Tuesday, Trump defended the sharing of information during the meeting, saying he had "the absolute right to do" so.
"As President I wanted to share with Russian Federation (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety", Trump said on Twitter.
The President has broad powers to declassify information, so it is unlikely Trump broke the law, according to the Post, but he seems to have contradicted himself. The FBI has been investigating possible ties between Trump's campaign and Russian Federation during the election. The director acknowledged that classified information had been transmitted via Secretary Clinton's server, but he suggested that, in the greater scheme of things, it was just a small percentage of the emails involved. You know, where everything about classified info should be shared.
- Trump 'very close' to picking new Federal Bureau of Investigation chief, leaning toward Lieberman
- NSA warned Microsoft about vulnerability connected to 'Wanna Cry'
- Manchester City Zabaleta announcement opens door for Bilic — Transfer Focus
- New York Times Square crash: Driver arrested
- What could happen in Brazil as Temer fights to stay in power
- Golden State Warriors stomp Spurs in Game 2
- No indication yet from Flynn on subpoena
- Elliott discloses 9.2 percent stake in Athenahealth, shares soar
- Wal-Mart Sees Online Sales Surge, More Shoppers at Stores
- Deputy AG knew Comey would be fired before he wrote memo