Thursday's incidents come a week after two people were beaten to death and as many were injured by a mob on suspicion that they were child lifters in Uranium township of Jadugora in East Singhbhum district.
Incidents took place at three places on Thursday.
While ruling out any communal motive to the incident, police said child-kidnapping rumours in the region may have caused the incident.
The auto in which Sheikh Naim, 35, Sheikh Sajju, 25, Sheikh Siraj, 26 and Sheikh Halim, 28 had been travelling was chased by nearly 100 people and stopped at the Daru village where Naim was beaten up while the other three escaped.
He denied any incidents of child abduction.
Consumers concerned about post-Brexit price hikes, survey shows
Although spend grew across nearly all 17 sectors, spend was lower on fast moving consumer goods reflecting the grocery price war. More than a third (35%) are anxious about the increasing cost of holidays and 26% fear that clothes prices will rise.
Suspecting them to be child kidnappers, the villagers attacked them and also vandalised their auto. "There is no communal aspect", deputy inspector-general of police Prabhat Kumar was quoted as saying by The Telegraph.
Police said child-kidnapping rumours are rife in the region. It has been reported that the police also was targeted by the villagers when they tried to intervene.
Police recovered three bodies from the spot while the fourth body was found on Friday from the woods near the village. Naim later died at the Seraikela subdivisional hospital.
Later, in the evening, barely 20 kilometers from Sobhapur in Nagadih village, a mob of tribals lynched three young men, two of them brothers, and thrashed their grandmother.
- European Union regulators slap Facebook with fine for misleading them about WhatsApp
- Trump's first foreign trip has high stakes at each stop
- Man charged with murder after NY vehicle carnage
- EDF cède EDF Polska à PGE pour 1,1 milliard d'euros — EDF
- Mourinho sweating over Fellaini injury after Southampton draw
- Trump promises quick nomination of new Federal Bureau of Investigation chief
- Oil prices climb on hopes output cuts will be extended
- After listening to tape Temer says probe should be shelved
- Allison Janney and Chuck Lorre launch fundraising campaign for Planned Parenthood
- Saudis not concerned about sharing intelligence with United States