Huddersfield Town secured a place in the EFL Championship play-off final against Reading with a 4-3 penalty shootout win over Sheffield Wednesday.
David Wagner's side were behind early on in the second half when Steven Fletcher headed the home side in front but an own goal from Tom Lees in the 73rd minute meant the game went into extra-time.
The Owls were eliminated when Fernando Forestieri's spotkick was saved by Huddersfield goalkeeper Danny Ward, following a 1-1 aggregate draw.
Reading and Huddersfield will battle it out for a single Premier League place on Monday, May 29, in a winner-takes-all tie.
For 120 minutes and part of a penalty shoot-out, Sheffield Wednesday and Thai owner Dejphon Chansiri were one match away from the Premier League.
Coming into first team reckoning after graduating from the Leeds United Under-18 squad, Lees went on to make 135 appearances for the Whites across all competitions, scoring four goals and providing six assists.
Saudi to invest $200 bn in US, purchase arms worth $300 bn
He said, "No president has ever visited the homelands and holy sites of the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim faiths all on one trip". Trump will also stop at North Atlantic Treaty Organisation headquarters in Brussels and attend a G7 summit in Italy.
Jack Payne's miss handed the host a lifeline, but Ward made sure to spare his team-mate's blushes with a fine save from Forestieri's attempt, putting Huddersfield within one win of returning to England's top flight for the first time since 1972.
Wednesday could have few complaints after being outplayed for long periods, but their second successive season of play-off heartache after last year's final loss to Hull might trigger the dismissal of already under-fire boss Carlos Carvalhal.
The teams had drawn their first leg 0-0 before tonight's match on Wednesday's home ground.
"We were able to manage both legs".
"I am so proud and happy for our football club".
Nahki Wells has backed Huddersfield to win promotion to the Premier League. "Even if I speak about it, it sounds ridiculous, but it is true".
- State regulation of Uber, Lyft moves on to Louisiana Senate
- Emmanuel Macron officiellement investi nouveau président de la République française
- US preparing to sue Fiat Chrysler over excess diesel emissions
- Il existerait plus de 28.000 plantes médicinales dans le monde — Botanique
- White House moves to limit damage of latest Trump controversy
- USA senator says the possibility of impeaching Donald Trump is getting closer
- Global Cyberattack: Bracing for more fallout
- Thomas Cook posts revenue rise ahead of key summer season
- Monaco est champion pour la 8e fois
- 1 death as tornado hits Oklahoma subdivision