Bicyclists in the annual Amgen Tour of California men's race made their way along the Central Coast on Tuesday, and will start Stage 4 from Santa Barbara on Wednesday morning. Sagan also picked up the Visit California Sprint Jersey on May 16, which he's taken home six times in this competition.
"The yellow jersey was protected and there was no change in the order of the top two riders", at the end of Stage 3, Smith said. My brother was working a lot today in the front, and was chasing the breakaway all day.
Chelsea Manning released after 7 years of 35-year sentence
She also leaked documents related to detainees at the military prison in Guantanamo Bay and some 250,000 State Department cables. She will not be discharged and will hold the rank of private first class, but will also not receive pay while under the status.
With the finish about 2,000 feet away, Sagan, a member of team BORA-hansgrohe, sprinted uphill and was shoulder to shoulder with several riders before he accelerated and won the longest stage of the tour by a bicycle length ahead of second-place finisher Rick Zabel of Germany, who rides for Team Katusha Alpecin.
Polish cyclist Rafał Majka has finished 24th in the third stage of the Tour of California but remains the overall leader in the race. Ian Boswell is in third at 14 seconds behind the leader. Considered the Queen Stage because of its hard mountaintop finish, the Mt. Baldy stage begins at the Ontario Convention Center heading north to Upland before taking on the hard climb. 15 miles into the race, five of the competitors had a five minute and fifty second lead on the rest of the pack, referred to as the peloton.
- UK Conservatives promise to maintain EU-level workers' rights
- Michelle Pfeiffer & Robert De Niro Talk 'The Wizard of Lies' in NYC
- Raiders' Derek Carr frustrated at pace of contract negotiations
- Congress launches campaign to expose 'failure' of Centre
- Le LOSC corrigé par Monaco, quasi-champion
- Tendance Ouest en direct du Havre ce midi — Nouveau gouvernement
- McCain: White House crisis has reached 'Watergate size and scale'
- Is there a Bearish outlook for Mondi Plc (LON:MNDI) this week?
- US admiral: North Korea's action 'recipe for disaster'
- Tehran mayor Qalibaf quits presidential race, backs Raisi - ISNA