After speaking to the man, police later found the stolen bus, at Bonacord Avenue and Cochrane Street in Whitby.
They arrested a 32-year-old man and later charged him with theft and possession of stolen property.
TTC spokesperson Mike DeToma told CP24 it appears the bus was stolen from the transit agency's Birchmount Garage early this morning.
Maw said the bus was likely left where it was because the suspect lives nearby.
Bengals' Joe Mixon among players to attend rookie premiere
The premiere is the first event where companies can market their brands directly to the young players following the draft. Participating players will also go through a brief orientation which will highlight the union's programs and services.
Durham Regional Police arrested a suspect after receiving an anonymous tip, said Staff Sgt. Tim Maw.
There's no word yet on how the man managed to get inside the bus and drive away.
DeToma said the bus would have been taken after 1:40 a.m. when it was dropped off at the end of its run.
- Defending Yourself - and Your Computer - From WannaCry Ransomware
- Central Intelligence Agency in Kim Jong Un Assassination Attempt, Claim DPRK
- North Korea claims United States plotted to kill Kim Jong
- Intel Trump Shared With Russia Came From Israel
- 'Man City not yet a finished product'
- Auto split down middle after crash - and driver SURVIVED
- Inslee signs bill to OK fees for electronic public records
- McCain says Trump developments reaching "Watergate size and scale"
- More Americans want 'independent' investigation of Trump: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- La composition du nouveau gouvernement français connue mercredi