After speaking to the man, police later found the stolen bus, at Bonacord Avenue and Cochrane Street in Whitby.
They arrested a 32-year-old man and later charged him with theft and possession of stolen property.
TTC spokesperson Mike DeToma told CP24 it appears the bus was stolen from the transit agency's Birchmount Garage early this morning.
Maw said the bus was likely left where it was because the suspect lives nearby.
McCain calls reports of Trump sharing info with Russian Federation 'deeply disturbing'
Susan Collins, R-Maine, called for an immediate briefing for the Senate Intelligence Committee, of which she is a member. President Trump shared intelligence from Israel in a meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, a report says.
Durham Regional Police arrested a suspect after receiving an anonymous tip, said Staff Sgt. Tim Maw.
There's no word yet on how the man managed to get inside the bus and drive away.
DeToma said the bus would have been taken after 1:40 a.m. when it was dropped off at the end of its run.
- Auto split down middle after crash - and driver SURVIVED
- Google releases Android Things Developer Preview 4 for IoT devices
- White House doesn't deny Trump recording conversations
- Bengals' Joe Mixon among players to attend rookie premiere
- Intel Trump Shared With Russia Came From Israel
- 'Man City not yet a finished product'
- Emmanuel Macron va désigner son premier ministre ce matin — France
- More Americans want 'independent' investigation of Trump: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- Trump talk with Russians 'wholly appropriate,' McMaster says
- Buy the data we stole or else, warn hackers