"You want all the teams to fight like Sunderland did tonight and, after, you have to accept the result".
"We've got in on the final day many times", Wenger told BBC Sport after Tuesday's game at the Emirates Stadium.
A point at Watford will guarantee a top-four place for Pep Guardiola's City, but they can secure third place - and, crucially, avoid the Champions League play-off round - if they win.
If we won, it would be the first time you make 75 points and you are not in the top four.
'Especially at Everton, we were really unlucky at Everton, some of the decisions were really bad on the night and after we had to go straight to Man City and it didn't help. "After that you deal with what happens", Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said, referring to the fact that his side have more points than they managed as runners-up in 2015-16.
Arsenal's win was played in front of thousands of empty seats owing, in part, to a supporter boycott in protest of what they perceive to be the club's demise under Wenger.
Arsenal created numerous chances throughout the game but initially struggled to find a way past impressive Sunderland goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.
Quand le porte-parole d'En Marche recadre l'ex-Premier ministre Valls — France
Il a par ailleurs déclaré qu'il voulait la réussite du nouveau Président Emmanuel Macron. 'Il y a aura aussi la lecture politique. Les 577 sièges de la chambre basse française seront en jeu lors des élections législatives des 11 et 18 juin.
Relegated Sunderland were showing some surprising resilience but Sanchez broke the deadlock in the 72nd minute, finishing off a flowing move by converting Mesut Ozil's pass.
If the Gunners beat Everton at home, and Liverpool lose or draw against Middlesbrough, Wenger's boys will scrape into the Champions League yet again.
Sergio Aguero's artful back-heel released De Bruyne, whose deflected cross from the left was tapped in by Gabriel Jesus.
The popular Argentine right-back, who has been at the Etihad for nine years, is due to leave the club at the end of the season.
THE English Premier League top four will be decided on the final matchday.
"The fans had waited so long and we did it in a City way".
- White House grilled about Comey during daily briefing
- Attack kills Saudi officer in city known for Shiite unrest
- Baton Rouge Police Officers Won't Face Charges In Killing Of Alton Sterling
- Pour Manuel Valls, "ce Parti socialiste est mort"
- Jardim est un entraîneur heureux — Monaco
- Award-winning actor Powers Boothe dies at the age of 68
- Penguins want more shots at winning against Senators
- Comey documented Trump request to drop Flynn investigation in memo
- Greenpeace porte plainte à Bruxelles contre la France — EDF
- President Donald Trump Fires Back At Stephen Colbert