Manchester United welcome Celta Vigo to Old Trafford in the first leg of the Europa League semi-final on Thursday evening, and are big favourites to come out on top to book their place in the final against either Ajax or Olympique Lyonnais.
He effectively gave up the challenge of earning Champions League qualification through United's Premier League placing when he decided not to field his strongest team at Arsenal on Sunday and paid the price with an insipid 2-0 defeat.
"The situation is simple; 17 matches in seven weeks with 16 players is impossible". It was not a gamble, it was a simple decision based on common sense. Seventeen matches with 16 players is completely impossible.
"After that we lost boys that could be alternatives: Ashley Young, Luke Shaw, Timothy Fosu-Mensah". When we lost these players in a period of 17 matches in seven weeks, it was the impossible job.
"It was not a gamble, just a outcome of our situation". I don't think Celta want it more than us.
"For a club like Man United to win the League Cup and the Europa League, with the teams that are in it, you would expect them to do that".
"He's leading it, he's the manager, he's guiding us through and guiding the club through", he said.
Microsoft announce the arrival of iTunes to the Windows Store
Story Remix , a new image and video editing app, will enable users to create short video montages using shared photos and video. Previous year at Build, Microsoft made headlines when they announced a tech preview of Bash on Ubuntu for Windows.
"It's important for us to be back in the Champions League", he added.
"Jose Mourinho keeps going on about playing a "weakened" team against Arsenal to save themselves for the Europa League second leg".
Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney insists that he wants to stay at the club next season, despite being linked with a move away.
Mourinho's caution earned him criticism from those United followers who believed he should have been more ambitious and gone all out for the victory at The Emirates which could have still given the team hope on two fronts. "I don't think it's consistent, the atmosphere, the enthusiasm", he said. 'Against Chelsea they wanted to play from the first minute to the last.
"The only game more important than the second leg of a semi-final is the final, so we have to fight hard (on Thursday)".
Do you ever have any question about anything you wish to ask and get answer?
- Des banderoles réclament le départ de Bruno Genesio — Lyon
- Jose Mourinho already has Europa League final squad in mind
- Kurdish-led forces to advance on ISIL's de facto Syria capital
- Two tractor trailers crash on I-95, multiple fatalities reported
- Extending Oil Output Cuts Will Stabilise Prices, Says Putin
- 85% of Iowa's corn crop planted
- La nomination d'Edouard Philippe au poste de premier ministre divise la droite
- Schumer: Trump must hand over transcript of Russian Federation meeting
- Park board approves bylaw banning whales, dolphins at Vancouver Aquarium
- TPG gets crafty on Etsy investment from buyout fund