While President Barack Obama was also criticized for deporting a large number of immigrants, a lot of them were recent border crossers apprehended entering the country illegally.
Authorities also arrested 50 percent more "aliens at-large in the community" from the same period past year.
"Will the number of non-criminal arrests and removals increase this year?"
During the period between January 22 and April 29, ICE arrested 41,318 people on immigration-related charges, according to a statement released by the department. In Obama's final year in office, 92% of people arrested by ICE in the country had a criminal record.
According to data the I-Team obtained from ICE, almost 3,000 of the more than 4,500 illegal immigrants deported from MA between 2014 and 2016, had either convicted of a crime, or had lied about their identity.
FDA officials 'deeply concerned' about inaccurate lead exposure tests
Studies have shown many US public water supplies are contaminated by lead. It also recommended that women who are pregnant or nursing get retested.
Homan says, "We are a nation of laws, and ignoring orders issued by federal judges undermines our constitutional government". "People who are unlawfully present in the USA and particularly, people who are unlawfully present in the United States who have committed a crime, will be encountered by state and local law enforcement officers before they're encountered by immigration and customs enforcement agents", he said.
Frank Sharry, executive director of America's Voice, a group that advocates for immigrants, said Trump's public comments about going after the most unsafe immigrants were a diversion from his goal: mass deportations.
Deportations under Trump have actually fallen by 12 percent compared to the same period under Obama, Homan said, as more people arrested in the interior typically have more complicated cases that can get slowed down in the backlogged immigration court system.
Under Obama, ICE agents who were conducting raids or seeking specific individuals could generally not arrest other undocumented immigrants they encountered along the way.
"These statistics reflect President Trump's commitment to enforce our immigration laws fairly and across the board." said ICE Acting Director Thomas Homan.
- Trump taped phone calls at NYC office before presidency
- Cinéma et séries : SFR " va passer à la vitesse supérieure "
- French cabinet announcement delayed to Wednesday: presidency
- North Korea: New Missile Can Carry 'Heavy Nuclear Warhead'
- Puerto Rico militant Oscar Lopez Rivera freed from custody after 36 years
- Obama told friends Trump is a 'bulls--ter'
- Pacific Biosciences of California (PACB) Shares Down 21.7% on Disappointing Earnings
- Trump Asked Comey To Shut Down Flynn Investigation, Reports Say
- House Oversight Chairman 'ready to subpoena' Trump over reporting of Comey communications
- 'No chance' Brady's ashes will be spread on moor, his lawyer says