Dow futures ESM7, -0.35% have been trading more than 100 points lower, and many analysts are blaming the selling on a New York Times report late Tuesday that President Donald Trump tried to influence the Federal Bureau of Investigation's probe into links between his inner circle and Russian Federation.
"I think we've seen this movie before".
However, despite the Watergate comparison, McCain also said he was against appointing a special prosecutor, according to New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman.
Trump unexpectedly fired Comey last week, in a move Trump said he made in part because of Comey's handling of an FBI investigation into the Trump campaign's potential ties to Russian Federation in the 2016 election.
Mauléon-Licharre (France) - Législatives: Lassalle de nouveau candidat dans les Pyrénées-Atlantiques
"Oui, je suis candidat", a déclaré ce mercredi matin, Jean Lassalle, lors d'une conférence de presse à Mauléon-Licharre. Son suppléant n'est autre que Barthélémy Aguerre, déjà à ses côtés dans sa fonction.
McCain, a former Republican presidential candidate who lost to Barack Obama in 2008 elections, made the comment at a dinner where he received the International Republican Institute's Freedom Award. "I've known this guy Lavrov for 30 years, he's an old KGB apparatchik stooge, and Putin is a murderer and a thug", McCain said.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell responded tersely "no" when pressed on whether he had concerns about the president's ability to handle classified information, or whether he was losing confidence in Trump.
Consternation and confusion overtook Capitol Hill today as lawmakers were shaken anew by reports that President Donald Trump had asked then-FBI Director James Comey to stop investigating ousted adviser Michael Flynn.
- Sen. Collins calls Trump revelation of classified info 'very troubling'
- North Korea missile programme progressing faster than expected, says South
- GOP chairman of the House oversight committee seeks Comey-Trump documents
- Kentucky Derby winner Always Dreaming gets rambunctious
- Trump allegedly asked Comey to shut down Flynn investigation
- Blood tests to resume at NHS cyber attack hospitals from tomorrow
- Information Trump shared with Russians came from Israel, official says
- Paris - "La droite tient", assure Accoyer (LR)
- Andre Iguodala: Andre Iguodala (knee) ruled out for Game 2
- North Korea missile detected by THAAD, programme progressing faster than expected