Om Prakash Chautala, the former chief Minister of Haryana, who is now serving his jail term in Tihar jail, has successfully cleared his Class 12 exams at the age of 82.
Abhay's older brother, Ajay Chautala, who was also involved in the scam is serving his term in Tihar. "My father thought of putting his time to best use and pursue his studies", Abhay said, adding that he had cleared the exam in the first division.
Abhay Singh told the Indian Express that the former Chief Minister secured a first division in the results which were declared recently.
Mr. Chautala, who is logded in Tihar jail and serving 10-year imprisonment in the Junior Basic Training (JBT) teachers' recruitment scam case in Haryana, had in April appeared for the Class XII exam conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). "Sometime, he asks us to send course books also", Indian Express quoted Chautala's Son.
US admiral: North Korea's actions 'recipe for disaster'
The North's Director of Asian Affairs Pak Jong-hak claimed the secretive state is attempting to bolster its defences. Moon's envoy to the United States, South Korean media mogul Hong Seok-hyun, left for Washington on Wednesday.
The NIOS, formerly known as the National Open School, was set up in 1989 as an autonomous organisation under the Union human resource development ministry. Since my father was the eldest in the family, he had to drop out and take on the family's responsibility.
"He reads newspapers and books". Abhay Singh added that his father has chose to spend time in jail more meaningfully.
An unlikely source of inspiration for the former chief minister was Manu Sharma, serving a life term for killing model Jessica Lall in 1999, who was pursuing an LLB course while being lodged in the prison. He asks the jail staff to arrange for his favourite books.
"He made a decision to utilise his jail term more meaningfully". He was convicted by a trial court in 2013 and two years later the same was upheld by the Supreme Court of India.
- France: l'annonce du gouvernement reportée à mercredi (Élysée)
- Mauléon-Licharre (France) - Législatives: Lassalle de nouveau candidat dans les Pyrénées-Atlantiques
- Paris - "La droite tient", assure Accoyer (LR)
- Tornadoes Cause Destruction in Wisconsin and Oklahoma
- Bourne surgery turns patients away as a result of cyber attack
- Storylines For The 2017 NBA Draft Lottery
- US President Trump, Turkey's Erdogan pledge to defeat ISIL
- President Trump says White House moving rapidly to replace Comey
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- McCain: Latest Trump revelations 'Watergate ... 12:08 am Wed