DETROIT (AP) - Chris Davis homered in the 12th inning and again in the 13th. The Orioles' third inning was a vintage one for such a powerful lineup that hasn't really clicked in such a way all season.
"That was a lot of fun at the end, but that's a taxing night, especially at the beginning of a series", Davis said. "You don't enjoy one like that unless you win it". Davis came up with a runner on third in the 13th and hit a drive to right off Francisco Rodriguez (1-5).
"A couple of things they said really felt good to me, and really this was the first game I threw it in". JD Martinez paced the Tigers attack with a grand slam with Victor Martinez going deep and driving in three.
The Tigers had the bases loaded with two outs in the 11th and 12th, but with the winning run 90 feet away, Tyler Collins lined out to right in the 11th and grounded out to second in the 12th.
"I don't have any mixed feelings about that game", Orioles manager Buck Showalter said.
Asked what determines who gets time in center, Ausmus joked: "Pull names out of a hat every day, and we'll see who's out there". "That's a great win". "A lot of times, when you're down 7-1, it can be tough, but guys continued to put good at-bats together".
Energy company unhooks gas lines after fatal Colorado blast
The April 17 explosion killed Mark Martinez and Joey Irwin, and left Erin Martinez traumatically burned. A valve on the flowline, which was connected to the well, was open, investigators have said.
Detroit led 1-0 in the third when J.J. Hardy started Baltimore's barrage with a solo homer. Jonathan Schoop is hitting.287 with five home runs and 18 RBI to lead the team while Manny Machado has nine home runs with 22 RBI.
Detroit starter Matthew Boyd allowed seven runs and eight hits in 2 1/3 innings. The right-handed is 1-1 with a 6.15 ERA, in his last outing he threw 7 2/3 innings allowing four runs against the Nationals.
Both teams used six relievers in a game that lasted 5 hours, 19 minutes. The Orioles didn't have any relievers left after Bleier, but Showalter said he could have used right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez if need be. Jimenez is set to start Wednesday night.
For all the offensive heroics in Tuesday's roller-coaster of an extra-inning loss for the Detroit Tigers, they're never in a position to make two rallies in the seventh inning or later, unless their newest long man - Chad Bell - keeps them within hailing range. "He actually threw a harder slider today, which I think will help him against lefties", Ausmus said.
Jones is batting.250 with four doubles, one home run and six RBIs in 16 games for the Mud Hens.
Orioles: Baltimore sends Jimenez (1-1) to the mound Wednesday night against the Tigers.
- Donald Trump: Israel, Palestine leaders get on 'unbelievably well'
- Triple talaq arguments begin in Supreme Court, daily updates
- Le pape François déclare saints les deux bergers de Fatima au Portugal
- Thibaut Courtois: 'Chelsea had to respond to last season's critics'
- I warned White House that Flynn could be blackmailed: Yates
- Stock Traders Purchase High Volume of Call Options on Newell Brands (NWL)
- Today's a special one for mothers
- Liberum Capital Gives Unite Group PLC Price Target With Potential 11.71% Upside
- Alerte Info : Christophe Castaner nommé Secrétaire d'État et porte parole du Gouvernement
- Violence Breaks Out During Protest At Turkish Embassy In Washington, D.C.