Five specimens have been tested at the country's National Biomedical Research Institute, the national reference laboratory, and one specimen was positive for Ebola virus, Zaire serotype.
"Our country must confront an outbreak of the Ebola virus that constitutes a public health crisis of global significance", the health ministry said.
World Health Organization says tests reflected the disease's presence in the body of the victim - one of nine people in the remote northern corner of the country to contract hemorrhagic fever since April 22.
A spokesperson of the WHO, Eric Kabambi, has assured there is no cause for alarm since "the case is in a very remote zone, very forested".
The last Ebola outbreak in the DRC occurred in 2014 and left 40 people dead.
The Democratic Republic of the Congo last had an Ebola outbreak in 2014, according to reports from The Guardian, which was less extensive and shorter than the one affecting Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone.
Nigeria was able to curtail the disease and was subsequently declared Ebola free by WHO. The DRC was spared the worst of the Ebola outbreak - with just 49 deaths.
Drunken driving suspect had lizard in bra
Before being brought the police department, Rebello-McCarthy mentioned that she "was in possession" of a bearded dragon lizard. Rebello-McCarthy was charged with driving under the influence of liquor, driving to endanger and marked lane violations.
Both Congo and its western neighbor, Republic of Congo, have experienced Ebola outbreaks in the past and worldwide organizations have said they are ready to assist in the event of an epidemic.
This latest Ebola outbreak is Congo's eighth, the most of any country.
World Health Organization was quick to respond to the outbreak as they are now working hand in hand with the local authorities to prevent the further spread of the disease.
Unlike in the past when vaccines for the virus were not ready, it was reported by some online media that over 300,000 doses of the vaccine were ready from different manufacturers in case of an outbreak. "The vaccine has shown high efficacy in clinical trials and could play a vital role in protecting the most vulnerable".
In 2014, Nigeria recorded cases of the disease after a Liberian, Patrick Sawyer, imported it to the country.
The WHO was criticised at the time for responding too slowly and failing to grasp the gravity of the outbreak.
- UK Conservatives promise to maintain EU-level workers' rights
- China's Xi positions himself as free trade and climate champion
- Indian cabinet approves plans to build 10 nuclear reactors
- Carlisle Conservative candidate 'not surprised' by expenses decision
- A$AP Rocky's Home Targeted In Armed Robbery
- Schumer: Trump Should Turn Over Any Comey 'Tapes' To Congress Or Apologize
- Manuel Valls veut l'étiquette majorité présidentielle, En Marche traîne des pieds
- Tehran mayor Qalibaf quits presidential race, backs Raisi - ISNA
- Chelsea Manning released after 7 years of 35-year sentence
- Putin: Russia willing to turn over transcript of Trump meeting with Russians