Five specimens have been tested at the country's National Biomedical Research Institute, the national reference laboratory, and one specimen was positive for Ebola virus, Zaire serotype.
"Our country must confront an outbreak of the Ebola virus that constitutes a public health crisis of global significance", the health ministry said.
World Health Organization says tests reflected the disease's presence in the body of the victim - one of nine people in the remote northern corner of the country to contract hemorrhagic fever since April 22.
A spokesperson of the WHO, Eric Kabambi, has assured there is no cause for alarm since "the case is in a very remote zone, very forested".
The last Ebola outbreak in the DRC occurred in 2014 and left 40 people dead.
The Democratic Republic of the Congo last had an Ebola outbreak in 2014, according to reports from The Guardian, which was less extensive and shorter than the one affecting Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone.
Nigeria was able to curtail the disease and was subsequently declared Ebola free by WHO. The DRC was spared the worst of the Ebola outbreak - with just 49 deaths.
Sen. Warren: GOP blocking Democrats from health care talks
It's also important to remember that the health-care plans in the ACA and the AHCA are not necessarily comparable. Republican Pat Toomey, Casey's colleague in the Senate, argues spending on Medicaid must be scaled back.
Both Congo and its western neighbor, Republic of Congo, have experienced Ebola outbreaks in the past and worldwide organizations have said they are ready to assist in the event of an epidemic.
This latest Ebola outbreak is Congo's eighth, the most of any country.
World Health Organization was quick to respond to the outbreak as they are now working hand in hand with the local authorities to prevent the further spread of the disease.
Unlike in the past when vaccines for the virus were not ready, it was reported by some online media that over 300,000 doses of the vaccine were ready from different manufacturers in case of an outbreak. "The vaccine has shown high efficacy in clinical trials and could play a vital role in protecting the most vulnerable".
In 2014, Nigeria recorded cases of the disease after a Liberian, Patrick Sawyer, imported it to the country.
The WHO was criticised at the time for responding too slowly and failing to grasp the gravity of the outbreak.
- Putin: Russia willing to turn over transcript of Trump meeting with Russians
- Tehran mayor Qalibaf quits presidential race, backs Raisi - ISNA
- US admiral: North Korea's action 'recipe for disaster'
- GOUVERNEMENT Bruno Le Maire et Gérald Darmanin exclus des Républicains
- Manuel Valls veut l'étiquette majorité présidentielle, En Marche traîne des pieds
- Trump's ham-handedness is putting his presidency at risk
- Protesters begin 200-mile Chicago-to-Springfield budget march
- The Zynga Inc (ZNGA) Earns "Buy" Rating from Jefferies Group LLC
- Le LOSC corrigé par Monaco, quasi-champion
- La justice européenne porte un nouveau coup à la taxe à 3 %