Nvidia just announced its new Tesla V100 based on the Volta architecture, so it's not surprising that AMD is firing back with details of its new Frontier Edition. Frontier Edition delivers more than 50 percent more performance than today's most powerful machine learning GPUs. The Frontier Edition sports 64 Next-Generation Compute Units, which AMD has bestowed with the "nCU" moniker due to support new data types, that feature 4,096 stream processors.
"Today, AMD announced its brand-new Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, the world's most powerful solution for machine learning and advanced visualization aimed to empower the next generation of data scientists and visualization professionals - the digital pioneers forging new paths in their fields".
Not built for gaming, the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition packs 16GB of HBM2 memory and should deliver 13 TFLOPs of FP32 compute performance, "just" 1.5x more than the Fury X. The FP16 compute performance peaks at 25 TFLOPs, which is a significant 3x boost compared to the Fury X and it comes with 16GB of HBM2, which is four times more.
Advanced visualization. Radon Vega Frontier Edition provides the performance required to drive increasingly large and complex models for real-time visualization, physically-based rendering and virtual reality through the design phase as well as rendering phase of product development.
McCarthy's Spicer embraces Baldwin's Trump on 'SNL'
We're not sure what will come first - Trump sending out a tweet about the SNL sketch or Spicer getting axed as Press Secretary. The faux president then told his faux press secretary to kiss him. "I am being straight with you! ".
Revolutionized game design workflows.
The Vega series launches in mid-June for an as-of-yet unknown cost, however I'd expect it to reach towards the thousand dollar mark.
Radeon Vega Frontier Edition rocks 16GB of next-gen HBM2 memory, an estimated 12.5 TFLOPs of performance (NVIDIA's new TITAN Xp has 12 TFLOPs) of single precision compute performance, while we have the Vega GPU clocked at 1586MHz.
- FDA Says Invokana (Canagliflozin) Causes Increased Risk of Leg, Foot Amputations
- Mike Smyth: B.C.'s voters have spoken. Now what?
- Tehran mayor Qalibaf quits presidential race to back cleric Raisi
- Mike Brown's run-in with CHP keeps peace with Spurs
- Penguins' power play in spotlight heading into Game 2 against Senators
- Edouard Philippe named as Prime Minister of France
- One in England, one in Michigan - help twart global cyberattack
- UK consumer inflation rises to 3 -year high of 2.7 percent
- Les dirigeants du monde entier félicitent Emmanuel Macron pour son élection — Présidentielle
- Les dépassements d'émissions responsables de 38 000 décès dans le monde — Dieselgate