Williams (2-2), making his second start while replacing Jameson Taillon in the rotation, gave up four hits and one run, the first of Nick Ahmed's two homers, in five innings.
In a less-than-ideal moment in the Diamondbacks-Pirates matchup from Friday night, D-Backs catcher Chris Iannetta took a fastball to the face.
Chris Iannetta of the Arizona Diamondbacks has been hit in the face with a pitch. Josh Harrison came into the weekend with 36 hits, 14 runs and 12 RBI, while Gregory Polanco managed 28 hits, 13 runs and nine RBI in that span. Harrison and Polanco put up three hits and two runs on Saturday between them.
The Diamondbacks had only thrown two no-hitters in their franchise's history, with Randy Johnson's ideal game for Arizona in 2004, and Edwin Jackson throwing a no-hitter in 2010. Diamondbacks right fielder David Peralta took a hit away from McCutchen to end the top of the first, diving to catch a sinking line drive. He allowed eight runs in four innings. The Pirates loaded the bases with no outs and tied it at 1-1 when Francisco Cervelli bounced into a double play.
"It got away from me", he said. "I hit the ball, ran, felt a little grab", Pollock said.
Bell went opposite field to right for his team-leading seventh home run of the season.
Buffett continues hunting for huge acquisitions
While Buffett met Mr Peanut at the Kraft Heinz booth, Miami Dolphin player Ndamukong Suh wandered about 1m away without a crowd. Munger said it will be unnecessary to bring on pay consultants, a view echoed by by Buffett, who has long criticized their work.
Tests for a concussion were negative but Lovullo said Iannetta would be monitored closely.
Starting pitcher Zack Greinke entered as a pinch runner and another starter, Patrick Corbin, struck out as a pinch hitter in the inning.
Its not a part of the game anybody likes, Hurdle said. The Diamondbacks (20-16) finished with seven hits. But the Diamondbacks are 15-6 at home this season. Frazier is on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain.
Chicago starter Derek Holland (3-3) permitted seven runs, but just three earned, and six hits in five innings in taking the loss.
"I know it's heartbreaking for them, but it's a great little push for us", Arizona manager Torey Lovullo said. "We'll get him back on his feet, dust him off and get him back in there as soon as possible". RHP Taijuan Walker (3-2, 3.83) starts for the Diamondbacks.
- NJ Governor Chris Christie Vetoes Ban on Child Marriage
- Emma Watson conferred first ever 'genderless' award
- China dismisses India's concerns over OBOR, cites global support
- La population prise en étau dans les mutineries — Côte d'Ivoire
- La République En Marche dévoile ses candidats — Législatives
- Accélération haussière avec le pétrole — Wall Street
- Les experts craignent un "cyberchaos" lundi — Cyberattaque mondiale
- Paris - JO-2024: Macron "accompagnera pleinement" la candidature de Paris
- Braun Strowman Update, Samoa Joe and
- 4-Star Center Jeremiah Tilmon Commits to Missouri over UNC, Kentucky, Others