A group of young engineers from the auto and aerospace industries are working on the project, which is being funded by a number of investors including Toyota subsidiaries.
Toyota is set to finance a flying auto project that could take flight by 2018. It is planning to complete a prototype capable of carrying people by the end of 2018.
Toyota says it wants to explore new possibilities by supporting the project.
What makes Toyota's, and Cartivator's job so hard, however, is that they are attempting to be the first ones to roll out the flying vehicle, and will debut it on a global scale in front of an audience of billions of viewers watching the Olympic's opening ceremonies.
'Dr Phil' to air interview with Aaron Hernandez's fiancee
Jenkins-Hernandez indicated that she and her daughter tried to visit Hernandez with their daughter at least once a week. Asked if she believed her fiancee was guilty of Lloyd's murder, Jenkins-Hernandez said, "I truly don't".
The development of flying cars is all the rage at the moment, with manufacturers from the US, China, Germany and Netherlands all looking to get involved.
The "Skydrive" cars measure nine and a half feet by four feet and - using drone technology - can travel nearly 33 feet from the ground.
Skydrive, measuring 9 1/2 feet by 4 feet, claims to be the world's smallest flying vehicle.
The goal is to create a vehicle that can hover like a drone about ten feet off the ground and travel at a flight speed of ~62 miles per hour.
Major U.S. ride-hailing service provider Uber Technologies Inc. has said it wants to test a flying auto by 2020.
- Le gouvernement annonce "un accord" avec les mutins — Côte d'Ivoire
- Passation de pouvoirs: Emmanuel Macron, Jour 1 de sa présidence
- Californians urged to remove standing water to reduce mosquitoes
- Arsenal's top four hopes rest on Middlesbrough as Liverpool hammer West Ham
- Reds ready to finish top four charge - Sturridge
- Second Ebola case in Congo confirmed
- Northern Crude: NNPC Resumes Oil Search in Borno With Better Technology
- Wall's Game Winner Forces a Game Seven
- Microsoft Blames NSA For WCry Ransomware
- En Marche! tente de minimiser les tensions avec Bayrou — Législatives