This was the 16th competitive head to head between Wenger and Mourinho - and the 13th in league play - since 2004.
"Finally, I leave this stadium with Arsenal fans happy", he added.
"I left Highbury, they were crying, I left Emirates, they were crying". It's nice for them.
Rooney continues to be linked with a big-money move to China, where his agent Paul Stretford spent time earlier in the year speaking to interested clubs.
"Then two days later we play Southampton and two days later we play Crystal Palace and this is too much for us so I don't think we have any chance of finishing top four in the Premier League". I am not enjoying that. "So in this aspect I don't think there will be a difference between the teams".
Mourinho was his usual gracious self as he continued to goad Wenger and Arsenal at his press conference after the match. He's a big manager.
Europe's secondary competition is the only major trophy to elude the Red Devils in their history and winning the trophy also represents their best avenue into next season's Champions League. Normal is win, lose, draw.
Emmanuel Macron confirme au président du CIO son engagement pour Paris
A Los Angeles, il n'y pas de risques majeurs que nous pouvons relever", a-t-il d'abord indiqué lors de sa conférence de presse finale.
"Today, no problem (with the scoreline)", he said, according Foottheball.
In further digs, Mourinho accused Wenger - misleadingly - of playing with a "defensive block" and "a line of five defenders".
"No, there's no pressure", Mourinho told ESPN Brasil.
We needed to be patient. Defeat at Spurs could see them slip to sixth, having already drawn 14 games this season.
More Manchester United and Celta Vigo square off in the Europa League on Thursday with a place in the final at stake.The side from Manchester are looking to finish the job - after Rashford's goal last week gave them a precious away goal - coming into this tie.
"The situation is simple", Mourinho said.
Mourinho aimed a subtle dig at Wenger in his post-match television interview, insisting that Gunners fans could finally go home with a smile on their face after so many years of pain when facing him. Realistically it's going to be hard to do it through the league. When you don't go with everything, it's more hard. There's nearly a sense of fear about the players and that isn't what United fans expect. You become cleverer, maybe look more and since my red card, I think things have improved. "I think it will be nearly impossible to qualify through the Premier League", Mourinho said.
- Oil rebounds on Saudi assurances Russian Federation will extend supply cuts
- Appui aux baisses de production — Pétrole
- Pope Francis and Trump to meet despite disagreements
- UK Conservatives have 18 point lead over Labour: Comres poll
- Trump says he could have new Federal Bureau of Investigation chief by end of week
- Qui est la femme en pleurs dans les bras d'Emmanuel Macron — Passation de pouvoir
- Eurovision streaker in Australian flag identified as Ukrainian prankster Vitalii Sediuk
- Crude oil prices lose grip on psychological barrier of $50 per barrel
- Baltimore Ravens Perfect Team for Free Agent Running Back LeGarrette Blount
- United States planning to kill Kim Jong-un - North Korea claims