Thibaut Courtois says that winning the Premier League with Chelsea is an "amazing" feeling, particularly on the back of last season's disappointing campaign.
The Stamford Bridge side had to settle for 10th place in the table last term, having won the title the previous season, and were heavily criticised for their poor performances.
Chelsea secured the Premier League title on Friday when they beat West Brom 1-0 thanks to a Michy Batshuayi goal.
As reported by the Telegraph, Courtois said: "After previous year when we had a moment when we were 15th, 16th in the league, people laugh and players get criticised. I think that's why we wanted to bounce back this season".
"It is not nice after a season when you won the league".
New Miss USA to be crowned in Las Vegas
The reigning Miss Mississippi USA sat down with us before she left to give us some exclusive insight into her road to the crown. The women, who are representing Florida, North Dakota, Hawaii, Connecticut and New Jersey in the pageant, are all US citizens.
"Some criticism was deserved and others not - and if you bounce back winning the title again, that's awesome".
"They said we did not want to play any more, that we are lazy, and that is not true". We tried to win our games but last year was just an off year, especially for a team like Chelsea and the players which were here.
Chelsea will return to the Champions League in 2017-18 after a one-year absence and Courtois is hoping to go all the way.
"Obviously after previous year, when we had a moment when we were 16th in the league, people laughed".
- Heavy fire destroys historic NY synagogue
- The hero who accidentally stopped the cyberattack from spreading
- François Hollande : "Je laisse la France dans un état bien meilleur "
- Clapper says Trump eroding checks and balances
- Popovich speaks out on Trump before Spurs-Warriors Game 1
- Des mutins bloquent les accès à Bouaké, tirent en l'air — Côte d'Ivoire
- North Korea: New long-range missile can carry heavy nuke
- North Korea says missile test aimed at testing carrying large nuclear warhead
- Brother and sister from Portugal won the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest
- The WannaCry ransomware attack has spread to 150 countries