Thibaut Courtois says that winning the Premier League with Chelsea is an "amazing" feeling, particularly on the back of last season's disappointing campaign.
The Stamford Bridge side had to settle for 10th place in the table last term, having won the title the previous season, and were heavily criticised for their poor performances.
Chelsea secured the Premier League title on Friday when they beat West Brom 1-0 thanks to a Michy Batshuayi goal.
As reported by the Telegraph, Courtois said: "After previous year when we had a moment when we were 15th, 16th in the league, people laugh and players get criticised. I think that's why we wanted to bounce back this season".
"It is not nice after a season when you won the league".
Higher taxes in Australia's 'better times' budget
Allowing first-time home buyers to put A$30,000 into their superannuation (retirement scheme) to save for a house. Perhaps it's a well-worn cliché to say "time will tell", but at this point that is all we have left.
"Some criticism was deserved and others not - and if you bounce back winning the title again, that's awesome".
"They said we did not want to play any more, that we are lazy, and that is not true". We tried to win our games but last year was just an off year, especially for a team like Chelsea and the players which were here.
Chelsea will return to the Champions League in 2017-18 after a one-year absence and Courtois is hoping to go all the way.
"Obviously after previous year, when we had a moment when we were 16th in the league, people laughed".
- Erdogan: 'One Belt, One Road' Initiative Could Contribute to Defeat of Terrorism
- Macron entre à l'Elysée
- JO-2024: Macron s'engage pour Paris, recevra mardi les membres du CIO
- Cyber attack claims 200000 victims in 150 countries
- US Senate Democrats may refuse to vote on Trump FBI pick - Schumer
- France inaugurates new president: Emmanuel Macron, 39
- Gregg Popovich says Kawhi Leonard will play in Game 1
- "On n'est pas dans une alternance" — François Hollande
- North Korea says new long-range missile can carry heavy nuke
- North Korea says missile test aimed at testing carrying large nuclear warhead