Magistrate Ereemye also ordered Nyanzi's 5 sureties to sign a court bond of Shs10 million and ensure that Dr.Nyanzi returns to court on 25th May for the expeditious disposal of government's application to have her mental status ascertained.
The bail hearing for the Ugandan activist who is charged in connection with calling President Yoweri a "pair of buttocks" has been adjourned for 20 minutes because Ms Nyanzi collapsed as she tried to get up, the BBC's Patience Atuhaire reports.
Stella Nyanzi, a research fellow at Uganda's Makerere University, has been in custody since April 7.
"It is a great relief that Stella Nyanzi is no longer behind bars, as she should never have been arrested in the first place".
"Right now she is alleged to be sick, but your worship, should you find that release of the applicant is tenable at this stage, she should be required to refrain during the subsistence of the case from making any adverse cyber attacks or any derogatory statements against the person of the victim in court or his close members of his household,"Muwaganya said".
"The authorities must now let common sense prevail by immediately and unconditionally dropping all the charges against her. The continuation of this farcical case blatantly violates Uganda's constitution, and its regional and global human rights obligations".
US democracy 'under assault by Donald Trump' after James Comey firing
Mike Lee advocated on " Fox News Sunday " that Trump appoint Judge Merrick Garland to head the Federal Bureau of Investigation . Garland was President Barack Obama's pick to replace Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia after Scalia's death previous year .
About two weeks ago, High Court judge Elizabeth Kabanda directed the outspoken researcher to go back to the lower court and exhaust the procedures of how to go about with ascertaining the state of her sanity.
Nyanzi was later whisked away in Opiyo's vehicle as there was talk the government had filed new charges and wanted to re-arrest her as she came out.
"We are happy that the court has finally released Stella on bail".
"When she was in detention, she was interrogated for other offences, namely the offence of collecting money from the public for the "pads for girls" campaign. We hope that doesn't happen".
Museveni has ruled Uganda since 1986.
- Five things NOT to buy your mom this Mothers Day
- After Comey's removal, Trump launches commission on 'election integrity'
- Thibaut Courtois: Chelsea title win will be more special after last season
- 79 people forced to evacuate Georgia wildfire
- John Wall's big shot takes Wizards to Game 7
- Trump's shifting reason for firing Comey could cost him with Hill leaders
- Bradley Stuns Wizards as Celtics Win-Lead Series 3-2
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Commissioner Quarles praises end of Chinese beef import embargo
- Global ransomware virus found prowling in Indian cyberspace