Antonio Conte says reuniting Chelsea's fractured team-spirit was the key to their charge to the Premier League title.
Michy Batshuayi came off the bench to net the decisive goal in the 82nd minute, allowing the Blues to celebrate securing the crown for the fifth time.
Conte, who took over a squad that finished 10th last season, was the reason behind's Chelsea dominance and rise this season.
Former Italy boss Conte has now won four-successive domestic titles as a manager after his triple success at Juventus between 2012 and 2014.
"My players show me a great attitude to try to do something great this season", Conte said after the title triumph.
"I thank them for their commitment and work rate", Conte said of his players. When you arrive after a bad season and the team has arrived at 10th in the league it means there are a lot of problems.
Conte's midas touch was most evident in his switch to a three-man defensive formation following defeats against Liverpool and Arsenal in September.
Bottas pleased with qualifying
Trailing Mercedes throughout Friday, Ferrari hit back with the top two times heading into qualifying. Bottas will start tomorrow's Spanish Grand Prix from P3 with the Ferrari of Raikkonen alongside him.
Chelsea FootballClub's Belgian striker Michy Batshuayi scores the winning goal past West Bromwich Albion's English goalkeeper Ben Foster during their English Premier League match at The Hawthorns stadium in West Bromwich, West Midlands, on Friday.
"That decision changed our season. We had to change and find a new suit for our team", he said.
"We were not lucky, we did a great job".
Chelsea take on Watford at Stamford Bridge in their next Premier League game on Monday night. "In my mind there was this option to play a 3-4-3 because I knew I had the players to do that", Conte said. To put that into perspective, the odds on Leicester to win the Premier League in 2016 were 5000-1. It's important to rest.
Conte paced the field post-match, hugging people twice and even three times, and was right in the middle of a line of players as they sprinted toward Chelsea's fans and dived on the wet turf.
Courtois told Chelsea TV: "After past year, when we were so bad and it looked like nothing was going to work, to win the league again is fantastic".
"In the present, in the past, I stay with my players in positive and negative situations".
- Lesson Learned: Youthful Oilers bounced from playoffs by experienced Ducks
- Mother's Day 2017: 7 lovely ads that celebrate motherhood
- Men Exchange Punches On Southwest Plane, One Arrested
- Trump was going to fire 'showboat' James Comey anyway, he says
- SKorea: Rival N.Korea launches possible ballistic missile
- Arsenal's Cech says Spurs showed more confidence & quality
- Arsenal's 'rich' fans don't influence me, says manager Arsene Wenger
- 8-year-old boy said he had fainted, school says
- Riyad Mahrez slips and Leicester pay the penalty against Manchester City
- Like Trump, China makes an overture to Duterte