"And in the first two months of this year, it expanded by 80% Our trade with European Union countries increased by 43% as a whole", Putin said at a meeting with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras.
Chinese President Xi Jinping offered the prime minister of deeply indebted Greece strong support on Saturday, saying the two countries should expand cooperation in infrastructure, energy and telecommunications.
Beijing and Athens have been on the same page in recent years with regard to the ambition to transform Greece into a major hub for trade between Asia and Europe, with Chinese shipping giant Cosco purchasing a majority stake in the Piraeus Port Authority last year.
He said both countries must work together to ensure balanced development of bilateral trade, and tap into their potential in cultural and people-to-people cooperation.
Greece's own development strategy dovetails with the Belt and Road Initiative, Xi noted.
Xi said China and Greece should focus their efforts on turning the Piraeus port into an important worldwide transhipment hub and key part of the new Silk Road, the Chinese ministry said.
Arizona Diamondbacks 3, Pittsburgh Pirates 4
Just 1-for-11 on the homestand entering the game, Lamb broke out in a big way with three hits in his last four at-bats. Iwakuma is one of four Mariners starting pitchers now on the disabled list. "We scored two runs without an RBI".
Erdogan is in China to attend the Belt and Road Forum that will officially begin in the capital Beijing on Sunday.
He said the Belt and Road Initiative holds great vision and importance, and is conducive to the connectivity of energy, trade, transport and Internet across the Eurasian region.
On his part, Tsipras said that considerable progress had been achieved in Russian-Greek relations but still there were many open questions that had to be discussed.
Li also stressed the significance of the Port of Piraeus project, as a flagship project for the China-Greece cooperation.
Greece is willing to deepen cooperation with China in fields such as energy, communication, manufacturing, infrastructure and finance, Tsipras said, stressing that the bilateral ties are of strategic significance and the foundation of cooperation is solid.
- Donald Trump says 'fast decision' possible on new Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- Penguins lose Game 6, but Crosby's health of more concern
- Boy was assaulted by classmate before killing himself
- Album reviews: Todd Rundgren and Harry Styles
- Trump adviser in conflict of interest controversy
- Spurs rout Harden, Rockets 114-75 to win series
- Europa: Rashford Scores Stunner Vs Celta As United Take First Leg Advantage
- Sanders: Comey directly relayed info to Trump on Russian Federation investigation
- Politicos hail Supreme Court judgement in Nirbhaya case
- China, Pakistan Sign Six Memorandums of Understanding to Enhance Bilateral Ties