Benedict Cumberbatch and Jake Gyllenhaal are booking a trip to Rio. Early details on the story indicate that it will be about a reporter (Gyllenhaal) who travels to the titular Brazilian city Rio de Janeiro to visit his wealthy friend (Cumberbatch), who subsequently becomes ensnared in a shady lark by the former to fake his death.
Guadagnino will also have a producer role.
A Bigger Splash and Call Me By Your Name director Luca Guadagnino may have just lined up his next project.
Jake is looking at producing the movie through his Nine Stories Productions, while Benedict will also take on a producer credit through his Sunny March company, Variety reports. Studiocanal also has plans for taking "Rio" to Cannes Film Festival to approach the worldwide market.
Portugal wins Eurovision for the first time
The Eurovision Song Contest grand final will be broadcast on Sunday at 5am (AEST) live on SBS and repeated at 7.30pm. It launched a year before the foundation of the European Economic Community, forerunner of the European Union.
Cumberbatch next reprises his Dr Stephen Strange role for Disney/Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok, followed by Avengers: Infinity War.
Studiocanal is planning to present the project to buyers at the Cannes Film Festival, where Gyllenhaal's most recent feature, Bong Joon-ho's Okja, is premiering. The film, to be released on September 22, tells the deeply personal account of the challenging and heroic journey of Boston Marathon survivor Jeff Bauman (whom Gyllenhaal portrays).
Cumberbatch is represented by UTA and Conway van Gelder Grant.
Gyllenhaal recently wrapped production on Paul Dano's directorial debut, "Wildlife", opposite Carey Mulligan. He is repped by WME and Bloom Hergott.
- Offensive draft early, QBs prized after Garrett is No. 1
- Moon Jae-in élu — Corée du Sud
- Paris prepares for Macron's inauguration as French President
- Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Jared Gilmore, and Emilie de Ravin Also Out
- Massive Ransomware Wave Hits Banks, Hospitals
- Pape François. Fatima dans la piété
- Pas "d'ingérence ou d'influence" dans l'enquête sur les ingérences russes — États-Unis
- Global Cyber Attack Hits Hospitals, Companies
- Sessions Orders Longer Prison Sentences, Reversing Obama-era Policy
- Revivez le départ de François Hollande de l'Elysée — Passation de pouvoirs