That's the lowest level in more than 17 years. "Since the Administration's implementation of Executive Orders to enforce immigration laws, apprehensions and inadmissible activity is trending toward the lowest monthly total in at least the last five years".
U.S. Customs and Border Patrol is reporting another drop in the number of individuals apprehended along the U.S. -Mexico border. These numbers sit in stark contrast to those in November and December (when President Obama was still in office but Trump's presidential transition was underway), which saw 47,000 and 43,000 apprehensions, respectively. Trump's anti-immigration rhetoric and more aggressive enforcement of immigration laws may be discouraging people from crossing illegally.
He added, "When you get here, it's likely you will be caught and returned to your country". Another 12,193 people were apprehended in March and 18,756 in February.
Game 6 Preview: Boston Celtics vs. Washington Wizards
The team couldn't expect that kind of onslaught on the road, but a concerted effort to get back into the game was anticipated. That was the sign of a mature, confident team, overcoming a hostile environment and getting the job done in a closeout game.
Illegal immigration across the southwest border dropped yet again in April, with the number of illegal immigrant children fallen below 1,000 for the first time in recent records, Homeland Security announced Tuesday.
One major change instituted very early in the Trump administration occurred during a ceremony at the Department of Homeland Security honoring Kelly as the department's newly confirmed secretary.
In the Obama era, law enforcement frequently let those apprehended illegally entering the United States go among the general population, where they would sometimes fail to show up for their deportations and remain in the country illegally. R. Gil Kerlikowske, the former head of US Customs and Border Protection, said at a Migration Policy Institute event this week said that the harsher policies send "a pretty powerful message and, frankly, has a chilling effect on people".
- North Korea says will have dialogue with U.S. under right conditions - Yonhap
- Venezuela's president announces vote to create popular assembly at May Day rally
- Trump warns N. Korea missiles 'will only get better'
- Silver Wheaton Corp (NYSE:SLW) Under Analyst Spotlight
- Sidney Crosby Not Evaluated for Concussion After Crashing Headfirst into Boards
- N.Korea seeks extradition of S.Korea spy chief over "assassination plot"
- Des sites de production à l'arrêt après la cyberattaque mondiale — Renault
- Nigeria's Buhari meets 82 freed schoolgirls
- Fabregas and Courtois revel in Chelsea's Premier League glory
- Shaun Maloney: Aberdeen close in on signing Hull and Scotland midfielder