This morning, following the broadcast of a narrative-shifting NBC News interview in which he contradicted much of what his administration had been saying over the previous two days regarding his firing of FBI Director James Comey, President Donald Trump took to Twitter to defend the false statements given by his staff.
"As a very active President with lots of things happening, it is not possible for my surrogates to stand at podium with flawless accuracy!" He floated the idea of handing out pre-written statements to reporters instead.
White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Thursday admitted that she had been kept in the dark about Trump's decision to fire Comey regardless of the DOJ recommendation, while at the same time insisting that neither she nor anyone else in the White House press office had been kept in the dark.
Trump Says He Planned To Fire 'Grandstander' Comey 'Regardless Of Recommendation'
It was unclear whether word of the Comey request , said to have been put to Rosenstein, ever made its way to Trump. Now, should I say no, I'm not going to see him? According to Donald Trump , his own White House is wrong.
Trump also said: "The Fake Media is working overtime today!"
Trump and his team first said Comey was sacked after the recommendation of the attorney general and his deputy, but the president himself contradicted that version only a day later.
- AgroFresh Solutions Inc (AGFS) Releases Earnings Results, Misses Expectations By $0.04 EPS
- Bank warns of 'moderate' growth as it keeps interest rates at 0.25%
- Pyongyang slams U.S. for passing new sanctions
- Michigan sports doctor faces key hearing in assault case
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (NYSE:PBR) Under Analyst Spotlight
- Man City v Leicester City
- Cinco de Mayo 2017: What it's all about and how to celebrate
- Analysts Ratings on: Rite Aid Corporation (RAD)
- Huge hack attack hits NHS hospitals
- School 'failed' pupil who died after allergic reaction in detention, mother says